Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - ARKEMA B.V. via YER - Vondelingenplaat Rotterdam
EMEA Sales Manager
Interesse? Kijk snel verder
- K.P. van der Mandelelaan, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Key tasks include the following:
- Coordinate closely with customers and representatives to secure business and exceed assigned sales quotas and budgets;
- Assist in development of 5-year strategic plan to develop territory including;
- Researching market conditions, competitors, business potential, etc.;
- Evaluating all current business partners and independent reps.
- Demonstrate technical products and make presentations;
- Support the Company’s marketing effort at trade shows;
- Recruit, train, support and monitor performance of Independent Manufacturers sales persons in assigned territories;
- Familiarize sales representatives and customers with new products, services, industry standards and developments;
- Develop new territories; markets to meet growth targets and execute the strategic plan;
- Ensure customers have current literature or other support materials;
- Assist prospects in the selection of engineered products best suited for their application requirements;
- Take the strategic lead with reps and customers on major projects coordinating closely with sales management and other support departments;
- Ensure the complete, accurate and timely submission of quotations with the application engineers;
- Complete margin analyses on competitive quotations to ensure orders are placed at the highest possible profit level;
- Maintain quotation log and report on a monthly basis on new quotations, won and lost business;
- Coordinate with other departments to address customer requirements for both pre-sale and after sale support;
- Secure release of orders held for approval (or otherwise delayed);
- Take appropriate and timely actions with customers as required for the collection of outstanding invoices;
- Investigate and notify company of competitive products, promotions, selling techniques;
- Warranties and marketing policies;
- Submit monthly manager’s report for the assigned territories.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or the equivalent combination of work experience and skill development;
- Minimum of 4 years experience in selling technical, engineered products to end users, OEM’s, engineering firms and construction companies;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in managing sales through independent manufacturer’s representatives;
- Highly motivated self-starter with “Hunter Mentality” sales approach;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- Organizational skills and attention to detail. The ability to work unsupervised;
- Demonstrated value added/total life cycle sales ability;
- The ability to travel 50% of the time;
- Computer proficient with Office Programs, Outlook, etc.
The company is in a transition mode. Looking to grow aggressively. There is opportunity. If you're looking for a place to settle down you could be here a while. The company doesn’t operate on snap judgement and change direction every day.
Very good reputation in the markets they serve. Privately held company, but not run like a family run business. They have 100 shareholders, president reports to a board. Only one location, no external politics deciding their fate.
This is a good time to join because there is a lot of opportunity as people retire. Employees are listened to and can impact the future of the business. For candidates who come in and roll up their sleeves, promotion opportunities are likely to present themselves
As an engineering solutions company, Protectoseal is the industry leading manufacturer of environmentally sensitive safety products. Constantly evaluating the needs of industry, they strive to improve their products and services, such as our recently enhanced PRO-FLOW® Sizing & Selection Software. Their goal is to continue offering the broadest range of products with global customer service and sales support. The company’s dedication to innovation continues since their founding in 1925.
Manufacturing environments in the 1920’s were vastly different from today’s modern, efficient and highly regulated facilities. Most had overhead line shafts and creosote wood floors saturated with oils and cutting liquids and few, if any of these facilities had sprinkler protection. Gasoline, naphtha, kerosene and carbon tetrachloride were common cleaning agents. Most were potential fire hazards and all released harmful vapors into the atmosphere endangering employee health.
R.J. Anschicks, the founder of The Protectoseal Company, realized early on that the safety of a manufacturing company’s workforce and the prevention of losses through fire damage were paramount to its success. So he adapted the technology of the Davy Miner’s Lamp, which involved the use of a perforated metal barrier that prevented a vapor mixture from combusting, to create what became known as a “flash arrester”. This principle was applied to the development of containers specifically designed for the safe storage and handling of flammable liquids.
In the 1930’s, further innovation led to the manufacture of a line of fittings that incorporated a similar concept used to protect large petroleum and petrochemical storage tanks from fire and explosion. From the design of the flame arrester vent, Protectoseal expanded into tank breather vents, providing controlled pressure and vacuum relief, and other related tank safety equipment. For the first time this allowed the installation of safety devices on storage tanks which had previously been left almost unprotected. In addition, these new venting systems helped reduce product loss by retarding the evaporation of stored liquids. Protectoseal quickly became the industry leader in vapor and flame control equipment.
Public awareness of environmental issues and the development and enforcement of “clean air” regulations fueled rapid growth of the company. In recent years, Protectoseal has taken a strong leadership role in promoting the safe operation of vapor recovery systems. Active participation in the drafting of international, industry-wide regulations, focused research and testing and the development and marketing of products such as detonation flame arresters and tank blanketing valves were all aimed at solving customers’ tank safety problems.
Today, Protectoseal remains committed to on-going product innovation and outstanding customer service. Consider our design for safety fuel caps for large spark ignition engines, products that were specifically designed to meet stringent new environment requirements, while providing an industry leading level of operational safety. It’s the perfect example of why our motto “Safety Without Compromise” is your assurance that Protectoseal truly is dedicated to protecting your facility and personnel, and why we continue to be the leading safety products manufacturer in the world.