3 dagen geleden - Gemeente Katwijk - Katwijk
Senior Specialist Risk Management & Assurance
Abbott is a global healthcare company committed to helping people live not just longer, but better. We employ around 94,000 people in 150 countries with a diverse portfolio spanning pharmaceuticals, nutrition, diagnostics and devices.
- Meeuwenlaan, Zwolle, Overijssel
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- WO, Postdoctoraal
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
At Abbott, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through challenging and rewarding work as part of a highly successful and trusted organization that is shaping the future of health. Realize your potential!
Corporate Finance Services (CFS) is the central finance organization for Abbott in The Netherlands, supporting all 9 Abbott sites and 20+ legal entities in The Netherlands, in the areas of Financial Planning & Projects, Controlling, Financial Compliance and Risk Management, Tax & Customs.
For our Corporate Finance Services Organization based in Zwolle we are looking for a:
Senior Specialist Risk Management & Assurance
The Senior Specialist Risk Management & Assurance will participate in building, maintaining and executing a Financial Compliance and Internal Control framework within all Abbott entities in the Netherlands. This will include implementing/improving compliance in current processes, promoting awareness of compliance, conduction internal audits on controls and processes and advising management on remediation of identified risks.
The areas of responsibilities include:
- Dutch law and Dutch regulations, related to financial processes
- Internal and Corporate Financial Policies and Procedures
- Support on US GAAP reporting
- Fraud prevention
The function is reporting to the Manager Risk Management & Assurance.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Building and maintaining a Financial Compliance and Internal Control framework for Abbott in The Netherlands.
- Identify compliance risks, advise management on remediating these risks and follow up on implementation of the remediation.
- Set up an Internal Audit structure and Internal Audit programs to identify potential risks and periodically inform Management.
- Coordinate with Corporate Internal Audit to determine the focus of upcoming Internal Audits and work with the entities in the Netherlands in scope to perform pre-audits to eliminate risk, in order to avoid potential audit recommendations by Corporate Internal Audit.
- Assist the entities in the Netherlands in scope during a Corporate Internal Audit. Assist the entities to implement recommendations and follow up on identified suggestions. Work with the entities to assure timely reporting on the status of the implementation of recommendations.
- Assist the entities in the Netherlands in scope for SOX in their yearly SOX process. Conduct internal SOX training and testing. Assist the entities to remediate identified deficiencies and monitor the implementation of this remediation.
- Provide support to the entities in the Netherlands in Abbott's anti-fraud programs. Identify potential areas of risks and work with the entities to limit these risks.
- Set up and conduct trainings to enhance the compliance awareness.
Besides the Financial Compliance and Internal Control framework the Senior Specialist Risk Management & Assurance will be involved in the creation, maintaining and execution of 1 set of Internal Policies and Procedures for The Netherlands. This process will include:
- Identification of the current available Internal Policies and Procedures by Abbott entity.
- Prioritization of Policies and Procedures to be written, which become applicable for all Abbott entities in the Netherlands.
- Determine the implementation plan.
- Write/Coordinate the writing of/Assist in writing these Policies and Procedures.
- Set up and conduct trainings on Internal Policies and Procedures.
- You have 5 years of experience in a relevant financial compliance/audit role in an International environment or Audit firm, preferable Big 4.
- You are a certified RA.
- You have technical accounting expertise as demonstrated by experience with US GAAP and local statutory reporting (Dutch GAAP) and demonstrated SOX experience.
- You are familiar with operational and financial procedures.
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows.
- You speak English and Dutch fluently.
- Set Vision and Strategy, Anticipate, Innovate, Build and Deliver Results.
Job specific competencies
- Hands-on mentality.
- Innovative attitude, challenging continuously the status quo and always looking for improvement.
- Driven by delivering results and proven experience in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willing to travel domestically approximately 20-30%.
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving Finance/Abbott Values.
- Clear thinking / problem solving.
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- An internal-controls-mindset.
- You can cope with the different cultures within the different Abbott entities.
What can we offer you?
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment. In our organization, you can count on excellent primary and secondary benefits, a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, extensive training opportunities and good career perspective. We are in the business of advancement, both in health solutions and in the lives and careers of our employees. Our work across the world and in many areas of healthcare provides a rich environment for our employees to explore career paths, interests and opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are appealed by Abbott, looking for a job with meaning and recognize yourself in the outlined profile, please make your interest known. You can apply via the 'Apply' button or via our website (https://www.jobs.abbott/) with your resume and letter of application. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments referring this job profile to Meltem Cakir, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency calls are not appreciated.