Wij zoeken elk jaar 15 Jonge Informatieprofessionals met 2 jaar werkervaring voor ons traineeship
Senior Associate / Associate Director of Digital Impact Fund (Amsterdam)
A growing number of innovative start-ups and scale-ups are developing financial products and business models that offer our retail and business clients more convenience and financial insight. Through its Digital Impact Fund, ABN AMRO is actively seeking to forge partnerships with these promising fintechs.
The Digital Impact Fund invests a (minority) equity stake in digital innovator fintech start-ups and scale ups that have developed technology that is of strategic importance for ABN AMRO. These investments will help speed up our digital transformation and improve client experience.
The Digital Impact Fund team makes the difference by establishing a link at the right moment between business and the fintech in order to create value for all stakeholders. It’s a small team, so you’ll be highly visible and make a substantial impact. We’re looking for Senior Associate / Associate Director to join us to convert our strategy into meaningful venture capital deals.
What are you looking for in the next stage of your career? Turn your goals into reality and develop yourself both professionally and personally. We want to hear your story!
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- HBO, WO
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar, 5-10 jaar
In this role, you will be responsible for deals involving the fund, plus the investments, follow-on investments (where appropriate) and exits. You will be permanently on the look-out for start-ups and scale-ups that can make the difference for the bank. As a sparring partner for the various business lines, you will effect specific introductions and share the observations and insights you have gained in the market. In doing so, you will also actively help senior management to develop strategic innovation themes. You will bring external trends and developments into ABN AMRO so that these investment opportunities can be evaluated and selected. The investments will be assessed by a bank-wide Investment Committee for whom you will prepare the necessary documents and present recommendations. You will be responsible for the investment proposal and the execution of the deals.
Once the investment has been made, you will maintain a relationship with the company. You will monitor the performance of the start-ups and scale-ups, and use your knowledge and network to accelerate both them and the partnership. To this end, you will work with colleagues from Retail, Corporate and Private Banking, the Innovation Centre and experts in various domains, internal and external. You will also maintain a network in the start-up, fintech and investment / venture capital community on behalf of the bank.
Your working environment
The Digital Impact Fund currently consists of 1 FTE, the Managing Director. There is a direct line from the fund to a bank-wide investment committee consisting of the senior management of ABN AMRO. The fund operates across all the ABN AMRO business lines, so you will have a lot of exposure both vertically and horizontally.
You have a real passion for the investment industry and an above-average interest in the digital and fintech sector. You are creative and deal-driven and have an absolute can-do mentality. Your entrepreneurial, self-starter approach combined with a measure of goodwill will enable you to build and maintain a broad external and internal network in order to bring the investments made to a successful conclusion.
If you think this sounds like you, check your profile:
• a strong command of Dutch and English as an absolute requirement;
• proven practical work experience and analytical skills to degree level, combined with over five years of relevant work experience;
• proven experience with and knowledge of innovative developments in the financial sector;
• knowledge of a wide range of subjects, such as customer interaction, payment services, financial management, bank as a platform, identity & information security and financial marketplaces;
• a solid network of Dutch and international (fintech) start-ups and scale-ups, and relationships with other corporate and professional investors;
• experience of venture capital and/or private equity structures;
• experience in working with financial models, statistical analyses of profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, forecasts and valuations;
• experience in analysing business models and business plans, preferably in relation to fintechs;
• experience in conducting external communication processes.