4 dagen geleden - Rijksoverheid - Den Haag
Commercial Sales Controller
Key level operational and strategic role for a financial professional who can participate in key business decisions and run P&L activities
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar, 10-15 jaar
AkzoNobel is currently undergoing an organization-wide transformation program. Within this context, you will play an important role in defining the processes for the ICO Wood team across EMEA. This requires you to act as a senior business partner as you gain an overall understanding, and take an overall view of the financial position of the organization. Thus you interact with multiple stakeholders across Finance, Country Management, and Marketing etc to drive P&L and improve processes. Beyond this you take business decisions and help to drive strategies for growth, based on your analysis of the financial position.
As such, this is an attractive and customer facing opportunity for candidates with relevant experience, e.g. as a site-, commercial- or business controller, ideally with analytical experience within FP&A. Given the high-level nature of the role you will gain insights into the entire organization that will help to open up future opportunities within AkzoNobel.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a truly proactive professional with a real drive to accomplish tasks and deliver results? Can you combine strong financial and business analytical skills with the ability to analyze and assimilate data for critical business decisions in a timely manner? Do you have the financial and interpersonal skills to drive short term imperatives while implementing and maintaining a longer-term strategy? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Commercial Sales Controller
The role and its responsibilities
This high-profile role is part of the Dutch organization but applies to EMEA. It is based at our Global Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Your core task is to act as the key linking point, interacting daily with members of local teams such as Sales/Country Managers & Marketing Managers, local accounting staff, local Compliance & In-Control managers, and ISC control, FP&A, , Global Business Services. In doing so you perform both Strategic and Operational activities.
Your objective is to co-formulate a winning strategy by challenging and negotiating in order to drive meaningful financial outcomes that meet profitability targets (ROS 15 by 2020) and OCF. Thus you:
- Use your insights to challenge, advise and influence decisions in order to reduce costs while increasing profits and revenue, balancing financial performance with the customer value proposition;
- Perform Pricing & Margin management, driving better margins by embedding rigor and decision-making based on financial imperatives;
- Perform business case development and/or validation including contract prices, NPI forecasts, opportunity realization, etc.
In terms of your daily focus you:
- Drive monthly performance against target and strategy and take proactive measure as required, challenging assumptions and performance against market conditions;
- Formulate and actively drive OPI growth, risks and opportunities and closing the gap actions highlighted in the Integrated Business Planning cycle;
- Assume overall responsibility for the Country/Channel P&L and OCF/OWC delivery;
- Ensure country/channel profitability across multiple business units through pricing mix and rebates while supporting Key Account Management in terms of contract negotiation/compliance support;
- Proactively identify leakages in revenue, manage Contribution Margins, challenge Pricing/Revenue Management and lead Cost Control initiatives in order to improve margins in light of (raw material) costs and developments as well as market positions;
- Drive Productivity, Opex (S&D) management by benchmarking and challenging performance versus competition and/or other MSUs.
All of this requires you to gain a rapid understanding of all parts of the P&L including those parts managed by other financial managers. It also demands that you actively participate in discussions, understand business needs, risks and opportunities, and prepare and deliver presentations. An understanding of Statutory & Compliance issues is also beneficial.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business (i.e. MBA) or Accounting (i.e. RA, CA/CMA), or equivalent;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including fluent English and the ability to articulate recommendations across all layers in the organization in a concise and timely manner;
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analysis and work under time pressure;
- MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint);
- Willing to travel for approximately 20% of your time within EMEA.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary and an attractive bonus scheme, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 1800068Z. If you have any questions, please contact Allan Sedney, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information, visit www.akzonobel.com