Waterborne Paints Researcher
Bring your research and knowledge-building skills to a forward thinking research environment
- Sassenheim, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 0-2 jaar
AkzoNobel is a global leader in the area of Paints and Coatings. This success is based on the highest levels of research and innovation. Central to this research capability is an Expertise Center Waterborne (ECW) that works on challenging research projects aiming at developing new and innovative waterborne concepts for the global Paints & Coatings market.
Within this context, your mission in this role to investigate research questions as part of a project team. In particular, you draw on literature and interaction with colleagues, as well as global AkzoNobel R&D experts, to identify and propose new research questions and investigations. In doing so you make an essential contribution to new and environmentally responsible waterborne paint concepts while improving our research methodology and deepening our understanding of waterborne paints and coatings.
As such, this is an exciting entry level position for candidates with the energy and ambition to help a world-leading research team to develop breakthrough products for the global market.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as someone who is organized, curious and results-driven? Do you have a clear interest in gaining chemical background of paint and paint components, along with a proven affinity for the research and laboratory environment? Could you represent the department to internal and external stakeholders such as customers, suppliers and institutes? Above all, are you eager to learn, grow and make a difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the role of
Waterborne Paints Researcher
The role and its responsibilities
This role and the ECW are based at our major site in Sassenheim, the Netherlands. Working from here you collaborate closely with the team/project leader to translate project objectives into plans. This requires you to:
- Set up and execute experiments accurately, including statistical experimental design;
- Coordinate activities with the different R&D disciplines and (temporary) assigned lab technicians and ensure the quality and progress of activities related to your projects;
- Provide the team/project leader with clear overviews of your activities and timings to ensure optimal project planning;
- Analyze and interpret the results independently and report back to the project leader with follow-up suggestions;
- Communicate the key outcomes of experiments clearly and effectively with the AkzoNobel (R&D) community by developing and sharing reports.
It is imperative that you stay up-to-date with developments in waterborne coatings and research methods in this field, building knowledge via all relevant literature and input from universities, clients, other research centers. It is also important that you have a clear affinity for working in long-term projects with technical challenges, and that you enjoy diving into the chemical background and theory of coatings (components) to solve these challenges.
At all times you work safely and observe good laboratory practice and safety standards.
To apply for this position you must possess the following attributes:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent;
- Keen to work together with colleagues in project teams and in time take the lead in a team with members from different departments or disciplines;
- The excellent communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of our organization;
- Able to deliver good presentations and proposals to team leaders and department heads;
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190002P8. If you have any questions, please contact Minke van Asperen, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2. An online assessment and employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information, visit www.akzonobel.com