Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Koninklijk Nederlands Instituut voor Onderzoek der Zee (NIOZ) - Den Hoorn
AMC biomedical Fellowship
The AMC Fellowship offers the opportunity for an outstanding, internationally recognized researcher to further develop his/her own research line and to set up …
- Meibergdreef, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 uur
The AMC Fellowship offers the opportunity for an outstanding, internationally recognized researcher to further develop his/her own research line and to set up his/her own research group. The candidate must have the potential to advance to full professorship within eight years.
- Prestigious personal grant laureate at midcareer level; For example a (nearly) successful completion of a prestigious personal grant at junior postdoc level or an active VIDI, ERC Starting/ Consolidator grant or an equivalent;
- alignment of their research topic with AMC’s research institute profile;
- excellent publication record;
- experience in research management;
- demonstrable affinity with education;
- experience abroad.
There will be a strict selection procedure and an assessment might be part of the selection. More information can be found https://www.amc.nl/AMCFellowship
The AMC Fellowship consists of maximum €750,000 for a maximum of five years. The award can be spent on salary of the applicant, a PhD student and/or bench fee. It spans a five-year period with interim evaluation after three years. The fellowship includes a tenure track with the possibility to acquire a tenured position after 5 years. The AMC offers a stimulating 5-year career and personal development trajectory in a challenging research environment.
You are welcome to apply directly by using the Apply button. Please send in the following documents:
- The AMC Fellowship form including your research plan, CV and planned position in the AMC. The form can be downloaded at https://www.amc.nl/AMCFellowship.
- A nomination letter by an AMC department head, addressed to the Executive Board of the AMC Research Council, prof. M.J.A.P. Daemen.
If you are considering to apply for the AMC Fellowship and are not in contact with a AMC Principal Investigator, please contact dr. Sanneke van Vliet.
For more information you can contact dr. Sanneke van Vliet, AMC Research Office, AMCfellowship@amc.nl, 020-5667806.
The AMC is one of the foremost research institutions in the Netherlands, as well as one of its largest hospitals. It is a world in which patient care, research and education are integrated, and in which people are always central. It is full of possibilities for talented individuals that are looking for a place where they can excel.
Some 1000 members of staff are either fully or partially employed in (bio) medical research. Our research covers the whole spectrum of biomedical research: from fundamental science and proof of concept studies to applied clinical studies, health services research and medical informatics. This concentration of expertise makes the centre a breeding ground for fruitful scientific collaborations. In this way, we aim to respond effectively to the current and future medical needs.
Our biomedical researchers have access to high-quality facilities and the relevant patient material. The scientific careers of talented young researchers are stimulated by the ‘Principal Investigator’ system, which challenges them to develop their own lines of research. See for more information www.amc.nl/research.