Project descriptionThe researcher will carry out research on Buddhist scriptures. This is part of the ERC-funded project, “The Composition of Buddhist …
Grants Advisor (28-32 hours per week)
This is an exciting position to contribute to the development of the support of grants services in the research office including EU collaboration projects. …
- Meibergdreef, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 32 uur
- € 4917 - € 4917 per maand
This is an exciting position to contribute to the development of the support of grants services in the research office including EU collaboration projects. The application pressure is high and interest in coordinating project proposals needs to remain on the highest possible level, which is why the department is looking for a grants advisor to reinforce the team to assist all proposals writing efforts at a high quality level and to raise awareness for the participation in EU grants. The Research Office staff is characterized as highly service oriented towards the scientific staff, and always working towards solutions.
In this position you will contribute to a smooth and successful submission and implementation of externally funded research projects, in close co-operation with the project leader and the other members of the Research Office. As a grants advisor, you are expected to:
- give constructive feedback on draft proposals in order to prepare a well-structured high-quality application that stands out;
- liaise with internal and external partners to make sure that European co-operation projects are well-balanced and in line with call objectives- analyzing and communicating internally generic European policy developments in the field of research and innovation;
- proactively disseminate funding information to researchers by means of workshops, seminars and newsletters;
- advise researchers on whether to participate, the composition of the consortium and content issues;
- maintain the administration and registration of funding applications in order to provide relevant management information to internal collaborators within the research support division;
- at the same time, support the researchers;
- analyze and communicate internally generic European policy developments in the field of research and innovation;
- act as an advisor during the proposal and the negotiation stages for the collaboration agreement with, among others, industry and other universities;
- contribute to other grants services support delivered by the Research Office.
- An academic background (Msc level or PhD level), you have an academic work and thinking level and proven affinity with (preferred bio-medical) research;
- well-acquainted with the European Framework (FP7, H2020) and Dutch national funding programmes (such as NWO schemes);
- experience with grants writing and knowledge of intellectual property in the context of EU funded projects;
- excellent knowledge of (financial, legal) rules and procedures of both national and European funding programmes;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in Dutch and English (CEFR C1);
- a willingness to work flexibly, to meet tight deadlines;
- excellent planning skills, with experience in applying these in a complex and dynamic (international) context;
- a keen interest in academic and scientific research, and ability to link research topics with funding opportunities;
- ability to function well under stress when multiple applications need to be submitted for a specific deadline.
- strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- organisational and communication skills;
- ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- ability to interact constructively with a variety of stakeholders;
- strong service orientation with a hands on and proactive attitude;
- professional and reliable individual.
We offer you ample opportunities for development, deepening and widening, extra training and a place to grow! Working in the AMC means working in an inspiring and professional environment where development is stimulated in every respect.
- The salary is a maximum of € 4.917 gross per month on the basis of 36 hours (scale 11 CAO UMC).
- The salary does not include any allowances for irregular services, holiday pay (8%) and a year-end bonus (8.3%).
- We initially offer an appointment for 12 months, with the prospect of a permanent appointment in the event of proper functioning.
- In addition to the salary, you save monthly for the Personal Budget (at least 1.55% of the salary) that you can use for training or personal development.
- In addition to excellent accessibility with public transport, the AMC also has sufficient parking spaces for employees.
- Pension is accrued at the ABP. The AMC contributes a large part of the premium (70%).
- We have a very active staff association and organize various (sports) activities and events throughout the year.
For an overview of all our other employment conditions, see www.werkenbijamc.nl/arbeidsvoorwaarden.
Do you want to apply directly? Then use the ‘solliciteren’ button on this page.
Do you want more information first? Do not hesitate to contact Isabelle Wartelle (Head of the Research Office), via 020-5661315 of email@example.com.
We look forward to our acquaintance!
Het AMC is meer dan een ziekenhuis alleen. Het is een wereld waar patiëntenzorg, onderzoek en onderwijs zijn geïntegreerd, en waarin het altijd om mensen draait. Een academische wereld vol mogelijkheden voor talenten die een plek zoeken om te excelleren. Groot denken. Durven dromen, Internationaal samenwerken. En je nooit laten beperken door ‘kan niet’ of ’lukt toch niet’. Dát is de mentaliteit in het AMC.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature