Het departement is voor de periode 1 november 2017 - 31 oktober 2021 op zoek naar een Promovendus. Cognitieve en Linguïstische Aspecten van Sociale-mediagebru…
PhD position: Design of stochastic and biophysical models of cancer evolution
We are offering a position in the Laboratory for Experimental Oncology (LEXOR) at the Academic Medical Center Amsterdam. The laboratory of experimental oncology hosts around 30 PhD students and postdocs of various backgrounds (biomedical, physics ...
- Meibergdreef, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 uur
We are offering a position in the Laboratory for Experimental Oncology (LEXOR) at the Academic Medical Center Amsterdam. The laboratory of experimental oncology hosts around 30 PhD students and postdocs of various backgrounds (biomedical, physics, bioinformatics). Over the last few years we created a unique environment to study theoretical aspects of tumor evolution. The research of the department focuses on cancers of the digestive tract (colorectal, pancreatic and esophageal).
Cancer is a highly complex disease: a single tumor consists of more than billion different cells and the evolutionary process that results in cancer is unique for each patient. Therefore, comprehensible mathematical and physical models are required to elucidate general underlying patterns of tumor development.
The PhD candidate will design stochastic and biophysical models of tumor growth and resistance to drug therapy. You will compare model predictions to experimental data and, vice versa, obtain insight for designing models directly from experiments in our lab and publicly available databases. Depending on the specific interests and background of the candidate, experimental work can be part of the project.
- A Master’s degree in physics, mathematics or a related field.
- Experience in stochastic modeling and good programming skills.
- Interest in biology in general and oncology in particular. Experience in these fields is not required though.
- Some experience with working in an experimental research setting is a pre.
- a 4-year position as a PhD student (‘onderzoeker in opleiding’);
- you will be employed by AMC Medical Research BV;
- a gross monthly salary ranging from EUR 2,266.00 in the first year to EUR 2,903.00 in the fourth year;
- vacation allowance of 8% and an allowance of 8.3% of the gross yearly salary payable at the end of the year;
- excellent supervision and coaching on the job;
- possibilities for education and personal development, for instance within the AMC Graduate School.
For more information please contact Dr. Daniël Miedema (email@example.com).
The AMC is more than just a hospital. It is a world in which patient care, research and education are integrated, and in which people are always central. It is an academic world full of possibilities for talented individuals that are looking for a place where they can excel. Thinking big, daring to dream, cooperating internationally. And never letting yourself be put off by ‘It’s not possible’ or ’It won’t work anyway’. That is the AMC mentality.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature