Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Post-doc Experimental Vascular Immunopathology
Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of the majority of cardiovascular diseases, is a lipid-driven inflammatory disease of the large arteries. Experimental …
- Meibergdreef, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2659 - € 4216 per maand
Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of the majority of cardiovascular diseases, is a lipid-driven inflammatory disease of the large arteries. Experimental and clinical studies have demonstrated that chronic low-grade inflammation has a critical role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. Immune checkpoint proteins regulate inflammation by facilitating the interaction between the various immune and non-immune cells, and may either promote or hamper immune cell activation. However, how immune checkpoints are regulated during atherosclerosis is largely unknown.
A recently obtained grant will focus on the roles and therapeutic potential of immune checkpoints, particularly CBL-b and CD40-TRAF2, but also other checkpoint proteins.
For this project, we are looking for a Post-Doc. The multidisciplinary approach will be using state-of-the-art molecular biology tools, immunology tools, bioinformatics, cellular models and in vivo models.
The Post-doc will work in the Experimental Vascular Biology group of Prof. Dr. Lutgens at the department of Medical Biochemistry in the AMC. He/she will work in a team of experienced staff, PhD students, postdocs and technicians with excellent infrastructure.
References from the group:
- Targeting CD40-Induced TRAF6 Signaling in Macrophages Reduces Atherosclerosis. Seijkens TTP, van Tiel CM, Kusters PJH, Gerdes N, de Winther MPJ, Nicolaes GA, Mulder WJM, Weber C, Lutgens E. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018 Feb 6;71(5):527-542.
- CD27 co-stimulation increases the abundance of regulatory T cells and reduces atherosclerosis in hyperlipidaemic mice. Winkels H, Meiler S, Lievens D, Engel D, Spitz C, Bürger C, Beckers L, Dandl A, Reim S, Weber C, Lutgens E, Gerdes N. Eur Heart J. 2017 Dec 21;38(48):3590-3599.
A PhD in a related area (Medicine, (Medical) Biology), preferably with a background in immunology, cell biology, pathology, drive for a career in science, team player and positive social skills.
We offer a fulltime position for a period of 3 years maximum, starting with a year contract. The salary is in accordance with CAO-UMC. The position is valued in scale 10 (minimum € 2.659 and maximum € 4.216) – scale 11 (minimum € 3.582 and maximum € 4.917) and is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition payment includes a holiday allowance of 8%, a year-end bonus of 8.3% of the gross annual salary, compensation of travel expenses as well as free parking. You will be employed by AMC Medical Research BV.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. E. Lutgens (firstname.lastname@example.org).