PhD Candidate for the Project “Moving Animals: A History of Science, Media and Policy in the Twentieth Century””
Ongeveer 5 uur geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
The department of Medical Biology of the Academic Medical Center Amsterdam offers a 2-year postdoc position. The project investigates the usefulness of …
The department of Medical Biology of the Academic Medical Center Amsterdam offers a 2-year postdoc position. The project investigates the usefulness of reprogramming to transform somatic cells (e.g. stem cells, fibroblasts, cardiac myocytes) towards genuine pacemaker cells. To this end, gene and cell therapy studies will be carried out in vitro and in various animal models of bradycardia.
As a post-doc you will work on the preparation and validation of various new biological pacemaker constructs. In addition, you are expected to design experiments and conceptualize modifications to improve therapeutic efficacy.
Candidates should have a PhD in a life science subject, an excellent track record of publications and a strong scientific curiosity. Excellent spoken and written English skills are required. Previous experience in above mentioned technologies will be valued. We seek a highly motivated scientist who enjoys an interdisciplinary environment. You are able to work independently but also as part of a team, and need good communication skills.
- A fulltime (36-hour/week ) 1-year position as a Postdoc, which will be extended for another year when functioning properly, and possibly longer;
- Terms of employment according to University Medical Center collective agreements (UMC-CAO);
- Monthly salary in scale 10 ranging from EUR 3202,- to EUR 4216,- based on qualifications and experience;
- Vacation allowance of 8% and an allowance of 8.3% of the gross yearly salary payable at the end of the year;
- You will be employed by AMC Medical Research BV.