Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
- you will design and perform laboratory experiments with marine micro-algal cultures - you will explore new techniques to measure carbon uptake and photosynth…
Rhabdomyosarcoma of the head and neck (HN RMS) is a rare type of cancer, which occurs at young age but most children survive long- term. Local treatment is …
Rhabdomyosarcoma of the head and neck (HN RMS) is a rare type of cancer, which occurs at young age but most children survive long- term. Local treatment is essential to achieve disease control but causes debilitating long-term adverse events in the majority of survivors, including craniofacial growth deformities and functional impairment of the eyes, pituitary dysfunction, speech difficulties, and dental problems. These treatment-induced adverse events may have lifelong negative impact on quality of life. Various local treatment approaches for HN RMS (i.e., surgery, type of radiation therapy, or a combination thereof) are applied that, while comparable with respect to survival outcome, vary considerably in regard to adverse events. Prediction of adverse events is currently not possible for individual patients.
The aim of this project is to develop a decision support model that enables well-informed shared multimodal treatment decision making based on adverse event prediction for individual HN RMS patients. Hereto, the postdoctoral researcher will primarily focus on the development of the treatment decision support model (i.e., facial growth simulation software and the statistical modelling of functional impairment risks). Together with the other researchers (both MD) appointed on the project, associations between the treatment details and adverse events will be investigated.
We currently seek a postdoctoral researcher for the following 2 intertwined subprojects:
We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoc with:
Working at AMC means working in an inspiring and professional environment in which developing one`s talents and skills is encouraged. You will be employed by AMC Medical Research bv.
- A fulltime (36-hour/week) 3-year position as a Postdoc;
- Terms of employment according to University Medical Center collective agreements (UMC-CAO);
- Monthly salary in scale 10 ranging from EUR 3202,- to EUR 3460,- based on qualifications and experience;
- Vacation allowance of 8% and an allowance of 8.3% of the gross yearly salary payable at the end of the year.
For further information about the position, please contact Prof.dr. L.E. Smeele (e-mail: email@example.com using subject header: KikaJob).