Senior Director HR Medical & Development
In this role you will partner with senior management to understand corporate strategies based on which you will create and align overarching HR strategies for Astellas
- Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- HBO, WO, Postdoctoraal
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 10-15 jaar, > 15 jaar
Are you an experienced international Human Resources generalist with solid leadership, management and Business Partner experience in the area of HR in a complex international project matrix environment? Then Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture, has an interesting job opportunity for you!
Senior HR Business Partner EMEA, Medical & Development
Your job as Senior HR Business Partner EMEA, Medical & Development
In this role you will partner with senior management to understand corporate strategies based on which you will create and align overarching HR strategies for Astellas, while acting in the best interests of Astellas and the needs of a changing, growing organization. You will serve as a strategic business partner and principal liaison to an assigned senior management team. You will be responsible for directing human resources policies and programs that support achievement of the company and business objectives and will direct human resources activities for assigned organizations within Astellas. By remaining informed of country, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and competitive practices, you ensure the company’s policies and programs conform to laws and regulations and are designed to attract and retain employees. You will provide strategic counsel on Astellas leadership and workforce capacity and capabilities, to ensure the needs of a changing, growth-oriented organization are met. In this role you will have 3 direct reports.
Your personal qualifications as Senior HR Business Partner EMEA, Medical & Development
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (preferred Master’s degree) in Human Resources or Business, or equivalent experience.
- At least 12 years related experience and a minimum of 5 years managerial experience.
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated Human Resources generalist knowledge, specifically including employment law. Significant HR Specialist experience desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging international work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and exercise sound business and people judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to influence performance and outcomes of senior management and peers across multiple client functions.
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both written and spoken.
- The location is based in Leiden, some travel required, up to 30% depending on assigned organizations.
- A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
- Good career opportunities
- Inspiring and dynamic work climate
- Attractive remuneration, which includes:
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month
- Performance bonus and LTIP
- Lease Car, or cash alternative option
- Excellent pension policy
- Collective health insurance
- company own saving scheme arrangement
- and more….
Please apply by using the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
It is our stated aim in the VISION for Astellas to be recognised as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring we are a highly effective organisation, that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos.
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 18,000 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 10 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in research & development (R&D), manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,500 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products. Astellas employs around 900 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.
Mirai House, located in Leiden Bio Science Park, is home to a number of divisions, including the European Medical and Development organization, local Sales & Marketing affiliate and Pharmaceutical Technology division.