BIC is a fast-growing B-2-B production and trading company that supplies natural ingredients to the food, pharma and feed industries. Through its own production plant in Amsterdam, warehousing and partnerships with a number of well-established companies, BIC ensures the constant availability of its ingredient solutions. BIC is an open company with the following core values: quality, accountability, solution driven, efficiency and fun. The company's main drive is to deliver high-quality services and ingredients to ensure that its business partners can focus on their core processes. BIC is looking for a General Manager who will have a vital role in realising BIC’s ambition to continuously grow, develop and further professionalise its operations.
As General Manager, you will be responsible for all BIC’s operations at two locations: 's-Hertogenbosch and Amsterdam. You will efficiently and effectively manage the Supply Chain Management, Finance, IT, Sales, Operations and HR departments. You are responsible for achieving and managing BIC's P&L and investment budgets and have a significant role in determining the strategic direction of the company. You will structure and improve the internal processes of the various departments and the organisation as a whole, while focusing on a positive work environment.
For this challenging, broad and dynamic role we are looking for a General Manager with highly developed strategic & commercial acumen and a proven track-record in growing businesses. Moreover you bring expertise in various areas such as supply chain and finance. The ideal candidate has an international orientation and is able to professionalise a fast-growing organisation. Constant focus on providing high-quality products and service is embedded in your operating style.
You can be described as a positive, empathetic, motivated, decisive and results-driven manager with a high energy drive. You are a pragmatic manager that has the ability to motivate the specialists in your departments through engaging leadership.
- A university degree or equivalent and at least seven years' work experience in a similar position with demonstrable successful results
- Extensive B-2-B market and natural ingredients knowledge, consisting primarily of knowledge of a similar (food) production environment
- Outstanding communication skills, a solution-driven work style and a focus on quality and service
- An excellent written and spoken command of the Dutch and English language. French and German would be an advantage
- The ability to analyse numerical data and translate these to targets (KPI’s) and actions for operations at a broad level (sales, operations, supply chain management, finance, IT and HR)
- Experience within an internationally-oriented and/or fast-growing SME-sized company (BIC currently employs 25 employees. This will increase to 75 to 80 employees in the future)
We are able to offer you an interesting and challenging job in a dynamic and international environment. You can expect a very diverse role in a dedicated team in which you can make a real difference! The company is implementing a growth strategy based on the Rockefeller Habits at ScaleUp Company, in which you will play a vital role. This will result in your managerial focus for the next three to ten years.
Obviously, an excellent salary and appropriate terms and conditions of employment will be provided. See www.bicservices.eu
for more information about the organisation.
Applying for the position
The recruitment and selection process is supported by BDO Interim & Recruitment. Please send your application, accompanied by a CV and cover letter relating specifically to the position advertised, to Mrs. M.C. (Merel) Festraets. Please use the application form
to send your application.
Your application will, of course, be treated as confidential. The procedure will include an assessment.
Other companies are kindly requested not to offer their acquisition services in relation to this vacancy!