3 dagen geleden - de Rechtspraak - Den Haag
Our patent attorney manages the global patent portfolio of Bunge Loders Croklaan in an economically and commercial sound manner.
- Korte Hogendijk, Zaandam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 10-15 jaar
Are you a Technical Patent Expert with a qualification as (European) patent attorney ? Do you bring a business sense to realize the maximum utilization of patents in order to protect the rights to research-derived discoveries? Can you make our patent strategy effective and responsible by working cross functional on a global scale?
Purpose of the role
Our patent attorney manages the global patent portfolio of Bunge Loders Croklaan in an economically and commercial sound manner. This will entail providing upfront advice about patentability of R&D innovations, freedom to operate, landscape scans, drafting patent applications as well as patent prosecution. We need a qualified patent attorney that will guide us while dealing with vulnerable, complex and diverse matters from an IP point of view.
The main focus of the role is to exploit patent opportunities, mitigate patent risks, create the link between patents and commercial opportunities and establishing collaborative agreements with third parties. You will act as the bridge between the Legal team, R&D, Innovation, our external patent attorneys and IP partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
Patent portfolio management
- Initiate, perform and advice on Bunge Loders Croklaan’s freedom to operate position for new innovations;
- Study and analyze scientific and technical documents, to assess whether an innovation is patentable;
- Draft, review and file patent applications by working together with our patent offices, including the necessary instructions for patent attorneys and all required documentation;
- Responsible for the prosecution of our Global patent portfolio, working together with other Bunge R&D and Legal teams across the world and build a good working relationship with and manage external advisors we work together;
- Prepare and attend opposition hearings;
- Ensure the detection and proof of infringement of existing company patents;
- Filter complex technical and commercial information and combine that into clearly worded advice and solid contracts;
- Draft and negotiate IP/patent agreements, including research and development agreements and license agreements; advice on patent license strategies; supporting patent aspects of M&A transactions;
- Proactively manage part of the company’s patent portfolio;
- Inform R&D colleagues about patents obtained by other companies, in order to avoid interfering with company research and future plans of the business as well as providing advice on any litigation strategy
Establishment of a network
- Build and maintain contacts with external patent offices and legal experts
- Decide when external expertise is needed
- Consult with external parties about legal matters
- Build and maintain a relevant internal network with various teams, including other Bunge Legal teams around the world
- You will be responsible for managing the patent budget for managing the Global patent portfolio and work together with the IP Legal counsel for the entire IP budget and the Head of Legal for the overall Legal budget
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
We are looking for a patent attorney with a good business sense. Someone who has the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others and to build relationships and trust. You bring a hands-on mentality, can cope with the necessary stress and move quick on your feet. You have the ability to prioritize and organize work effectively to manage a Global patent portfolio and to meet deadlines for e.g. filings and oppositions. Next to that you bring excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Overall we are looking for someone who has a dynamic, enthusiastic and flexible attitude. Someone who embraces growth and development, with a natural sense of entrepreneurship and team spirit. You will over time also become responsible for training the junior patent attorney in our team.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree; technical, scientific or related
- European patent qualification, Dutch can be considered
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, German is a plus
- Matrix organization experience
Please apply by clicking on the link below. If you have questions, please reach out to Rob Mak, Talent Acquisition Manager Europe & Asia at email@example.com