Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - BIJ12 - Utrecht
Software Developer: Biologics
- Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
To support the ongoing expansion of our biologics capabilities, we are looking for an experienced software developer. In this role you will be working on Bioregister, Dotmatics’ web-based system for registering and managing biological entities used in the development of novel biologic compounds. Bioregister supports a broad set of biologics entities, including DNA, RNA, peptides and proteins, antibodies, conjugates, non-natural peptides, nucleotides, plasmids, cell lines, and user-defined entities. It also enables users to record batches and samples for these entities, purification and expression information, and other protein production data.
- The role involves maintaining and extending Bioregister’s functionality, to meet new customer requirements.
- You will be expected to think creatively: implementing new features, and redesigning legacy code.
- As an agile company, your work will have an immediate impact on our customers, and you will be expected to be able to manage your work with little supervision. Formal training will be provided where needed, but we would expect you to learn ‘hands-on’ alongside more experienced colleagues.
- A degree in any exact science, with relevant programming experience
- At least 3-4 years software development experience, in a commercial or academic environment
- Familiarity with biology/bioinformatics, especially with protein and DNA sequences, is preferred
- Experience in the following is essential: Java, SQL
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas and agrochemical industries. Dotmatics’ comprehensive solutions include tools for knowledge management, data storage, enterprise querying and reporting, and data analysis and visualization. Agile development guarantees a state-of-the-art high-quality technology platform that adapts to the everchanging needs of our customers. For more information, see www.dotmatics.com.