2 dagen geleden - Samskip - Rotterdam
Logistics Procurement Manager
- Capelle aan den IJssel, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Within the Logistics Department we currently have a vacancy for a
Logistics Procurement Manager
Capelle Aan Den IJssel | Fulltime
The position reports directly to the Logistics Director, EMEA.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development and execution of our purchasing strategies and initiatives for the storage and transportation of bulk-liquid, packaged and dry-bulk products through a network of 3rd party logistics service providers within EMEA.
This is Eastman Chemical
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This is what you bring
You are experienced in developing and translating a strategic vision on logistics procurement into executional actions to achieve the desired outcome. You are a team player since you will be part of a team with Logistics Procurement colleagues. You have excellent communication skills in English. You like to gather and analyze data. Next to that you have strong organizational skills and an ability to lead multiple projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You have excellent negotiation and commercial skills, together with self-motivation, proactive attitude and accountability for delivering results are key requirements for this role.
You are educated as at Bachelor’s level and have multiple years of experience (7 +) in the field of logistics and procurement.
This is the Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Negotiating commercial agreements with suppliers from initial discussion, through to contract development and implementation
- Understanding business needs and conducting 3rd party supplier spend analysis to target strategic sourcing opportunities and develop savings pipeline
- Continually seeking improvement opportunities through the identification and initiation of cost saving and process improvement projects
- Accountability for delivering cost savings as part of the international and regional procurement savings targets
- Building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships at senior and executive management levels
- Conducting activities in strict accordance with company guidelines and Standard
- Operating Procedures to ensure full compliance is achieved
- Successfully supporting multiple Business Organizations as needed, providing input on projects and Key
- Initiatives and assisting them in achieving their Distribution Cost targets and Key Initiatives
- Maintaining strong Supply & Demand knowledge for various modes of transportation and warehousing to allow Eastman to take prompt advantage of changes in market conditions
- Developing strong liaison with Global Logistics Procurement Organization to ensure harmonized purchasing strategies
- Various administration tasks such as, managing freight rates, management of contracts, developing freight rate projections, compiling benchmarking data, gathering of market intelligence etc
This is what we offer
Our spirit of innovation and collaboration along with our diversified business line creating challenges and opportunities for growth is what makes Eastman a great place to build a career. Here, you can find opportunities to grow professionally, competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and a global work environment.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
For further information about this position please contact Natalie Backx (+31 6 54254556Call: +31 6 54254556) or send your application via the apply button.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Eastman is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Eastman via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Eastman. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Eastman as a result of the referral or through other means.
Keywords: Logistics Procurement Manager, Capelle aan den IJssel, Zuid-Holland, Inkoop, Logistiek, Logistics, procurement manager