8 dagen geleden - M+ Group B.V. - Amsterdam
Sourcing Managers serving regional and global businesses are important members of our team with responsibilities for the major raw materials which are the largest cost category for Eastman.
- Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
Fulltime | Rotterdam, Ghent, Middelburg
The Global Procurement Organization is posting the position of Sourcing Manager, supporting the Adhesives and Tires Businesses, to supply quality materials and services at the lowest total cost to the company. Sourcing Managers serving regional and global businesses are important members of our team with responsibilities for the major raw materials which are the largest cost category for Eastman.
This is Eastman Chemical
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
The Sourcing Manager (SM) for the Adhesives Business in EMEA is a full-time position, based in Rotterdam, Ghent, or at the Middelburg site, reporting to the global Senior Sourcing Manager, located in Kingsport. The primary role of SM is to keep the Adhesive Resins plant in Middelburg supplied with key raw materials at the lowest total cost. The SM is also responsible for regional procurement linkage to support the Adhesives Business Organization’s strategy and initiatives. In fulfilling these roles, the SM requires the following:
- Advanced negotiation skills to drive aggressive cost savings for the business
- Strategic mind-set to identify improvement opportunities, with balance of short term and long-term interests
- Proactive and self-motivated in recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions
- Proficient communication skills, verbal and written, in English and Dutch
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships, including partnerships, with key raw material suppliers to the Middelburg manufacturing site.
- Leading cost savings opportunities via negotiations with suppliers, as well as minimizing risks to business interruption.\
- Representing all aspects of Sourcing for the Adhesives EMEA business, including input to regional business strategy, technology programs, and financial forecasting.
- Identifying and selecting suppliers and negotiating key raw material supply contracts with them for Adhesives EMEA in line with the Global Sourcing Strategy, in alignment with the Sourcing Manager and agreed with the Global/Regional business.
- Evaluating suppliers and setting allocations based on performance including commercial terms. Addressing issues with supplier performance and leading audits.
- Planning, prioritising and executing projects for the Adhesives Business in EMEA, focussed on strategic savings, improvements in trade payables, and securing supply of key materials and services while systematically managing risks.
- Aligning AFP EMEA Sourcing with Global Sourcing strategies, linking activities with other regions, and implementing global initiatives for AFP.
- Represent sourcing in all aspects of the S&OP Process.
- Maintain raw material pricing forecasts and provide input to long term and monthly financial forecast cycles.
- Champion cost improvement initiatives with internal as well as external functional partners to drive the lowest cost of ownership for Eastman.
- Compliance with Eastman’s corporate and Global Sourcing processes.
- In fulfilling these responsibilities, the SM will work safely and support safe working practices both internally and externally.
- Sourcing strategy development and management
- Cost Savings Achievement
- Minimizing spend, while managing risk of supply to Middelburg
- Supplier Performance Management
- Development of Effective and Advantaged Supply Contracts
- Supply Security and Sustainability
Educational, experience & required skill set:
The SM is commercially savvy and has specialised skills in negotiation and management of supplier relations. An international mindset is also important to the role, with English and Dutch language skills required. Further European language skills are an advantage.
The SM is educated to degree level (Bachelor), with procurement or commercial qualifications. He/she has the ability to represent all aspects of Eastman’s position with suppliers and other external contacts.
The position is located at the Rotterdam, Ghent offices, or Middelburg site. Some overnight travel is required, along with 1-2 trips/year to corporate headquarters in Kingsport, TN.
This is what we offer:
Our spirit of innovation and collaboration along with our diversified business line creating challenges and opportunities for growth is what makes Eastman a great place to build a career. Here, you can find opportunities to grow professionally, competitive salaries, good benefits, and a global work environment.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
For further information about this position please contact Jasper Meester +31646277627 or send your application via the apply button.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Sourcing Manager, Commercial, Procurement, Management, Rotterdam, Ghent, Middelburg