Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Bioinformatician in proteomics
We are looking for an enthusiastic bioinformatician who will strengthen the Core Facility Proteomics team. Your job responsibilities: You are responsible for …
- 's-Gravendijkwal, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2688 - € 3604 per maand
We are looking for an enthusiastic bioinformatician who will strengthen the Core Facility Proteomics team. Your job responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the complete data analysis workflow in proteomics research, from the raw mass spectrometry data up to reporting and visualization of data.
- You make use of standard software packages for proteomics data analysis, as well as of general analysis tools in the life sciences, such as Bioconductor (R) and statistical software.
- You are directly involved in and initiate the development of novel proteomics data analysis tools.
- You actively contribute to multidisciplinary research projects within Erasmus MC, varying form cancer research to the development of novel diagnostic tools.
- You work in an international, multidisciplinary environment and take an active role in communicating your results to biochemists, molecular biologists and physician-researchers
- You have an BSc or MSc in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or (Bio)chemistry with a specialization in (Bio)informatics.
- Preferably, you have also experience in mass spectrometry based proteomics and in analyzing Orbitrap (Thermo) data.
- You are able to program in R and Python and know how to use general data analysis packages in proteomics, such as MaxQuant, Skyline, Proteome Discoverer, Mascot, etc.
- Moreover, you know how to apply statistics on complex 'omics' data sets.
- You are able to work independently and you are curiosity driven.
- You are able to put your own ideas into practice, to learn new programming languages and to implement new software tools into existing workflows.
- Finally, you are fluent in English: you collaborate with international partners and communicate with international PhD students and staff members.
ConditionsThe gross monthly salary amounts a maximum of € 3.604,- (scale 8), depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time working week of 36 hours. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Dr. Jeroen Demmers, Head of the Core Facility Proteomics, phone number: + 31(0) 10 703 81 24 or e-mail: email@example.com. For queries regarding your application, please contact Jerry Chandansingh, Recruiter, by phone number: +31 (0)6 500 310 06.
If you are excited by the thought of this position and would like to apply, please do so by using the application form on our website.