2 dagen geleden - Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen - Amsterdam
First, the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology has been collecting neuroimaging data in the Generation R Study, a population-based birth …
- 's-Gravendijkwal, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2688 - € 3604 per maand
First, the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology has been collecting neuroimaging data in the Generation R Study, a population-based birth cohort, since 2008. Second, the Departments of Epidemiology and Radiology have been collecting neuroimaging data in the Rotterdam Study, a longitudinal cohort of aging, since 2005. Between the two projects, over 30 researchers are actively using (neuro) imaging data from more than 20,000 scan sessions.
The candidate will be responsible helping researchers on the team organize imaging data (incoming data quality/integrity control, maintenance/organization/administration of imaging databases), checking and cleaning the data, data provenance, and distributing data to researchers and other data manager colleagues within the different departments. Time will be split between the Generation R Study (Child Psychiatry, 40%) and the Rotterdam Study (Radiology, 40%). Further, a portion of the candidate's time will be spent working with the Biomedical Imaging Group Rotterdam (BIGR) to harmonize efforts across the different studies to optimize the management of data and increase efficiency, including implementation and integration of software and image analysis pipelines (20% of the candidate's time).
- You must have a BSc, BEng, or MSc degree in Applied Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science, Psychology, Neuroscience, Engineering, or Informatics.
- You must be familiar with at least 1 programming language (e.g., python, Matlab, Bash) and also willing to learn Python.
- You have experience with Linux operating systems.
- You must possess good written and verbal communication skills in English, you are able to take initiative, work well both as a team player and independently, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to switch between tasks and teams efficiently is also necessary.
- Preferred is that you have previous data management experience with interest in informatics and in imaging data science.
ConditionsYou will receive a temporary position of 1 year, with a 6 month trial period. Depending on funding and the candidate's performance, the position has potential for extension. Gross salary based on a full-time working week of 36 hours starts at scale 8 (€2.769 per month) and depends on experience. The yearly salary is for 14 months (12 months + summer vacation salary and end of year bonus. The terms of employment are according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Dutch University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Ryan Muetzel, phone number: +31 (0)10 703 1596 or email: email@example.com, Meike Vernooij, phone number: +31 (0)10 703 0944 or Marcel Koek, phone number: +31 (0)10 704 4881. For queries regarding your application, please contact Jerry Chandansingh, Recruiter, by phone number: +31 (0)6 500 310 06.
If you are excited by the thought of this position and would like to apply, please do so by using the application form on our website.