Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD candidate on the projects Toucan, Bubble-X and UltraHB
For these research projects we are looking for three enthusiastic candidates:Toucan: in this project we propose a novel approach that can simply bring 3D …
- 's-Gravendijkwal, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2422 - € 3103 per maand
For these research projects we are looking for three enthusiastic candidates:
Toucan: in this project we propose a novel approach that can simply bring 3D imaging to any application by making use of compressive sensing. The main technological idea behind this exciting project is that a simple plastic coding mask can compress the 3D information in such a way that you need far less sensors. This concept can extend the imaging capabilities of commercial 2D ultrasound probes to 3D, but also enables new types of wearable imaging.
The PhD student (1) on TOUCAN will work on compressive imaging devices that can be used to image the human carotid artery for diagnostic purposes. The research will specifically focus on: 1) 3D ultrasound imaging of atherosclerotic plaques using a regular probe and coding mask, 2) long-term monitoring of the pulse-wave velocity and other cardiovascular parameters inside the carotid artery. This work will be carried out under the supervision of Dr. Hans Bosch, in collaboration with Neuroscience (Dr. Pieter Kruizinga) and the Circuits & Systems group at TU Delft (Prof. Geert Leus).
UltraHB: Ultrafast Ultrasound for the Heart and Brain is a project within the Medical Delta 2.0 program. It aims at using high-framerate ultrasound imaging to study both the microvascular flows in the brain, as well as the highly dynamic blood flow in the heart. This project will build on current projects in cardiovascular flow, brain perfusion, 3D ultrasound imaging and ultrasound contrast agents.
The PhD student (2) on UltraHB will concentrate on the development of ultrasound methods for 2D and 3D flow imaging in the heart and large vessels, with and without contrast agents, up to clinical pilot studies. There will be a close collaboration with researchers in related projects in our lab. This work will be carried out under the supervision of Dr. Jason Voorneveld, Dr. Hans Bosch and Prof. Nico de Jong.
Bubble-X: a project within the NWO-TTW Perspectief program Ultra-X-treme, on 3D high-framerate vascular ultrasound imaging. In Bubble-X, we will investigate the imaging of monodisperse microbubbles and explore their unique properties, using high-framerate imaging, for 3D flow quantification and non-invasive intraluminal pressure estimation.
The PhD student (3) on Bubble-X will focus their research on high-framerate imaging approaches aimed at exploitation of the properties of monodisperse microbubbles for 2D/3D flow assessment and pressure estimation. This project is part of a much larger consortium offering many opportunities for collaborative research. This work will be carried out in collaboration with the Department Physics of Fluids, TU Twente (Prof. Michel Versluis, Dr. Guillaume Lajoinie). The PhD student will work under the supervision of Dr. Jason Voorneveld and Prof. Nico de Jong.
We are looking for enthusiastic PhD students that meet the following requirements:
- A MSc in a relevant area (Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering), experience in ultrasound imaging, ultrasound image processing and/or signal processing is highly welcome;
- Experience with programming (Matlab, Python, C++);
- Ceative, pro-active with good analytical skills;
- Combine creativity with a sound academic attitude;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in writing and speaking;
- Good team-players and able to work in a collaborative environment with other PhD students and supporting institutions.
ConditionsYou will receive a temporary position of 4 years. The gross monthly salary is € 2.422,- in the 1st year and increases to € 3.103,- in the 4th year (scale OIO). The terms of employment are according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Dutch University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
- For more information about PhD position1 & 2, please contact Dr.ir. Hans Bosch, Associate Professor, phone number: +31(0)10 703 30 88 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- For more information on position 2 & 3 please contact Prof. Nico de Jong , +31(0)10 704 40 37, email: email@example.com.
- For other information please contact Mrs Sharon Sewell, secretary, phone number: +31(0)10 704 40 30 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature