Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - UNU-MERIT - Maastricht
PhD on Increasing Mobility and Physical Activity using sensor Technology
Immobility and inactivity during hospital stay are widely known for their adverse effects on the patients physical condition, which can lead to complications …
- 's-Gravendijkwal, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2357 - € 3020 per maand
Immobility and inactivity during hospital stay are widely known for their adverse effects on the patients physical condition, which can lead to complications and an increase in hospital stay. Therefore, mobilizing the patient and promoting physical activity are important tasks of the clinical physical therapist and nurse. Objective measurement of mobility and physical activity of inpatients can play an important assisting role. Recent developments in smart bed technology, available at the Erasmus MC, allows us to collect quantitative patient data which may help and stimulate the therapist, nursing staff and patient.
In this project we want to realize objective measurement and feedback of mobility and physical activity of inpatients by combining data from bed and body fixed sensors. For this, we will develop, validate and evaluate a telemonitoring application to optimize mobility and physical activity of patients during their hospital stay. The PhD student will be working on designing and performing experiments in a laboratory and clinical setting, performing clinical trials, and data analysis and reporting.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and highly motivated candidate with a MSc degree in Human Movement Sciences, Health Sciences, Physiotherapy Science, or related degrees, that meets the following requirements:
- Affinity with or experience with physical behavior of (clinical) patients;
- Knowledge of and experience with patient research;
- Is technology-oriented (sensor technology, quantitative data) and has expertise/skills in signal analysis and algorithm development;
- A good team player and able to work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment with therapists, patients, technicians, and other researchers;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both in speaking and writing.
- High level English (academic) writing.
ConditionsYou will receive a temporary position for 4 years. The gross monthly salary is € 2.422,- in the 1st year and increases to € 3.103,- in the 4th year (scale OIO). The terms of employment are according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Dutch University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
Additional informationFor more information about this position and selection procedure, please contact Dr. Henri Hurkmans, senior researcher, phone number: +31 (0)10 703 39 50. For queries regarding your application, please contact Jerry Chandansingh, recruiter, phone number: +31 (0)6 500 310 06.
If you are excited by the thought of this position and would like to apply, please do so by using the application form on our website.