Our research is aiming at the development of molecular imaging probes and theranostic agents to better understand, diagnose and treat diseases. Our work is highly multidisciplinary and lies at the interface of chemistry, pharmacology and translational molecular medicine. This project will focus on the development of a theranostic platform aiming at an improved diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer. Novel conjugates, targeting molecular aberrations of prostate cancer cells, will be synthesized, radiolabeled and tested by using in vitro cell-based assays. Identified lead compounds will then be evaluated in vivo in preclinical models to visualize tumor lesions and to determine their therapeutic efficacy. The candidate will strongly and closely interact with the Radiochemistry group and the SPECTRIM group, specialized in Molecular Imaging and Targeted Radiotherapy.
- You are a highly motivated candidate with a university MSc degree.
- You have received excellent scientific training in the field of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related field.
- Experience with radiolabeling techniques and/or in vitro and in vivo biological studies will be considered an advantage.
- You have outstanding theoretical and experimental research skills.
- You are well-organized and result-driven with a strong team spirit.
- The successful candidate will have strong English language skills (written and oral).
- Being able to present a certificate of good conduct, a valid proof of identity, diploma's and/ or relevant registration such as BIG/ RGS are conditions for the appointment.
The position is available form May 1st, 2018. You will receive a temporary position for 4 years. The gross monthly salary is € 2.279,- in the 1st year and increases to € 2.919,- in the 4th year (scale OIO). The terms of employment are according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Dutch University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
For more information about this position, please contact: Dr. Yann Seimbille, project leader, phone number: +31 (0)10 703 4121 or e-mail: email@example.com
or Prof. dr. Ir. Marion de Jong, project partner, phone number: +31 (0)10 703 5781 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please respond by using the apply button and upload the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter (explaining your motivation and suitability for the position)
- CV/resume (including your final marks, research projects or internships and relevant courses)
- Names and contact details of two references willing to provide a recommendation letter on enquiry.
Selection will be based solely on academic excellence and research potential. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed either in person or via video conference call.