Post-doctoral position – applied physicist/biomedical engineer
The goal of the project "Improving surgical removal of oral cancer using a unique, innovative combination of fluorescence-guided surgery and Raman …
- 's-Gravendijkwal, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2422 - € 3103 per maand
The goal of the project "Improving surgical removal of oral cancer using a unique, innovative combination of fluorescence-guided surgery and Raman spectroscopy", is to increase the surgical success rate of tumor resections. Our research group has developed Raman spectroscopic instrumentation, measurement strategies, and real-time data-analysis for rapid intra-operative inspection of the entire resection surface of tumor resection specimens. The goal of this project is to adjust these systems in a way to make them compatible with the use of exogenous tumor-specific fluorescent targeting agents that are systemically injected pre-operatively to facilitate fluorescence-guided surgery. You will work in a multidisciplinary project team, comprised of surgeons, pathologists, engineers, and Raman spectroscopists, with day-to-day responsibility for the project.
You will help to develop new applications for research grants and contribute to intermediate reporting to the subsidy provider. You will have the lead in analyzing and interpretation of data, writing scientific articles and communicating study results at relevant national and international conferences.
- You must have a Ph.D in Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering or a similar field and have in-depth experience in one or more of the following fields; optical (Raman) spectroscopy, instrumentation development, fluorescence imaging, multivariate data analysis, specification-testing-troubleshooting of opto-mechanical instruments.
- Programming experience in Matlab would be appreciated.
- You must have a flexible working attitude and be able to communicate well across disciplines and levels of experience.
- You have worked in a multidisciplinary environment and have proven project management skills.
- You have proven skills of writing scientific papers for high-end scientific journals.
- Adherence to high quality standards in experimentation and reporting are essential for this position.
- You should be fluent in English; written and spoken.
- You are ambitious and keen to help us advance the field of Raman-, and fluorescence-guided surgery through research and translation of results into clinical practice.
ConditionsYou will receive a temporary position for 3 years. The gross monthly salary amounts a maximum of € 4.615,- (scale 10), depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time working week of 36 hours. The terms of employment are according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Dutch University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Dr. S. Keereweer, Otorhinolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon, MD, PhD, phone number: +31 (0)10 704 13 57 or e-mail: email@example.com. For queries regarding your application, please contact Jerry Chandansingh, Recruiter, by phone number: +31 (0)6 500 310 06.
If you are excited by the thought of this position and would like to apply, please do so by using the application form on our website.