Postdoc on the topic of Large-Scale Analysis of Electronic Medical Records using Machine Learning
The Department of Medical Informatics (Erasmus MC) is looking for Postdocs to work on cutting-edge health data science topics. This research will be performed …
- 's-Gravendijkwal, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 3808 - € 5226 per maand
The Department of Medical Informatics (Erasmus MC) is looking for Postdocs to work on cutting-edge health data science topics. This research will be performed in close collaboration with the Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics (OHDSI) initiative, which is a global, multi-stakeholder, interdisciplinary collaborative to bring out the value of health data through large-scale analytics, and the EU-sponsored European Health Data and Evidence Network (EHDEN) which develop frameworks to generate reliable real-world evidence.
The Postdocs will be responsible for the development and application of novel methods and techniques on data from large Electronic Health Record databases standardized to the OMOP Common Data Model. Research will be performed in natural language processing, feature engineering methods, deep-learning, and other advanced machine-learning methods to support personalized medicine. The Postdoc will not be involved in image analysis and analysis of genetic data in this project.
- For the Postdoc positions, we are looking for candidates with a PhD degree. Candidates must have a strong background in Biomedical Informatics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or (Bio)statistics.
- Proven expertise in machine learning and programming is required.
- The Postdoc should have a strong vision and motivation and must be able to drive their own research agenda.
- Candidates should be able to work independently and supervise projects/PhD students where needed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
ConditionsAs a Postdoc you will have a temporary position of one year (full-time) with a possible extension. The gross monthly salary amounts a maximum of € 5.383,- (scale 11), depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time working week of 36 hours. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
Additional informationFor more information about these positions, please contact dr. Peter Rijnbeek, Poject leader, phone number: +31 (0)10 04 3050 or e-mail: email@example.com or visit our webiste. For queries regarding your application, please contact Jerry Chandansingh, Recruiter, by phone number: +31 (0)6 500 310 06.
If you are excited by the thought of this position and would like to apply, please do so by using the application form on our website. Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a motivation for your application, a research agenda containing a list of research topics, and a list of publications. We would welcome recommendation letters.