Assistant Professor of Accounting (tenure track;1.0 fte)
Are you researching financial accounting / taxation, auditing, or management accounting? We invite you to join our diverse and vibrant team of scholars contributing to management research and practice through teaching, research and engagement.
- Burgemeester Oudlaan, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3821 - € 5230 per maand
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position, starting in September 2022. The position is in RSM's department of Accounting and Control and is ranked as Assistant Professor.
As new assistant professor, you are highly motivated to contribute through excellent research, teaching and engagement. You will be expected to teach in English, with a moderate teaching load.
Your main tasks
Your role will contribute to the future of accounting and business through teaching our talented international students, through innovative research, and when possible through engagement with external businesses and organisations. Your main tasks include:
- Conducting academic research aimed at top-tier journals - independently and in collaboration with others
- teaching courses in accounting (in English) to students from RSM's BSc (International) Business Administration and MScBA Accounting and Financial Management
- Contributing to the further development of RSM, and to the department of Accounting and Control in particular.
- Engaging with RSM's mission to be a force for positive change in the world.
Applicants are expected to have a PhD degree in Accounting or related relevant field, or to be close to obtaining it. Fluency in English is a requirement, as is demonstrable research ability (through publications or working papers).
Your required competences
- You are an inspired, ambitious and competent researcher, with a strong commitment to high-quality research
- Enthusiastic about teaching, and an able presenter both in classroom and online settings
- You have strong English language skills, in both writing and speaking.
- You value research with practical relevance that is impactful to academics and practitioners alike.
- The ability to provide critical yet constructive feedback is a strength.
- An appreciation for academic research that is linked to real-world problems, and that can create impact both to the academic community and the business community.
ConditionsA tenure track assistant professor position. Tenure decisions (typically after 5 years) are based on individual performance. This is a full-time position with a contract for 38 hours per week, and the starting date is 1 September 2022 (with some flexibility).
- We offer competitive salary (VSNU Salary Scale 11), subject to training and experience of the candidate. See employment conditions below.
- The compensation package is competitive relative to European salaries and includes several secondary benefits (such as a pension plan that is partially funded by the university). Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
- Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 3,821 (scale 11 CAO NU) gross per month and up to a maximum of € 5,230 gross per month (scale 11 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
- The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
- Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days. More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/our-employer-vision/employment-conditions
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? We look forward to receiving your application before 1 February 2022. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Your application should include:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Sample copies of your research (published or working papers)
- Concise Research and Teaching Statement
- Recent teaching evaluations, if available
For questions about this position, please contact Prof. Marcel van Rinsum via email@example.com.
For more information about the:
- Erasmus Accounting Research Group: https://www.erim.eur.nl/accounting-group/
- RSM Accounting: www.rsm.nl/research/departments/accounting-and-control
- RSM: www.rsm.nl
- RSM MSc Accounting & Financial Management: www.rsm.nl/afm