This project aims to investigate rare and acquired disorders to unravel (patho)physiological Mg2+-related processes in the human body.
Assistant Professor (UD) Cultural Organization and Management
• Carry out internationally oriented, empirical research that is publishable in established international refereed journals;• Contribute actively to the development of the Department’s research in the field of cultural economics, particularly in the domains ...
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
• Carry out internationally oriented, empirical research that is publishable in established international refereed journals;
• Contribute actively to the development of the Department’s research in the field of cultural economics, particularly in the domains of management, organization, marketing, economics and entrepreneurship;
• Expand the Department’s national and international research connections;
• Contribute to the acquisition of external research funding from national and international funding agencies and other organizations;
• Participate actively in relevant international scientific associations and networks.
• Perform teaching and supervising tasks for the International Bachelor in Arts and Culture Studies programme (IBACS) and the international Master’s programme in Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship (CEE);
• Make a substantial contribution to the development of both bachelor and master level courses in the broader field of cultural economics;
• Depending on the successful candidate’s profile, teaching will include several of the following courses and tuitions activities: Introduction to cultural economics / Organization and management of the performing arts and cultural industries / Arts marketing / Organization of arts and culture / Cultural entrepreneurship / Research workshops at the graduate and undergraduate level / Supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
• Contribute to the management tasks of the Department;
• Take an active part in relevant national and international academic networks and organizations;
• Develop and maintain close contacts with relevant organizations and professionals in the field of arts and culture.
The successful candidate has:
• A PhD degree in (cultural) economics, entrepreneurship, management or a related field and ranks among the top 10-20% of his or her peer group;
• A strong research track record, including publications in international refereed journals;
• Extensive knowledge of - and ample experience with - a wide range of research methods applied in the fields of economics, entrepreneurship, management and organization;
• Expert knowledge, and preferably first-hand experience, in the field of arts and culture and the ability to make a substantial contribution to introductory and specialisation courses in the degree programmes offered by the Department;
• The ability and willingness to teach a variety of subjects in the fields or marketing, management and organization in relation to the arts and cultural industries, including methodological courses;
• The potential to generate research funds from national and international funding agencies;
• Prior teaching experience, preferably in an international environment, with the well-documented ability to inspire students from undergraduate to postgraduate levels. Candidates who don’t possess a formal teaching qualification, are expected to acquire it within two years (according to the standards of the so-called BKO-University Teaching Qualification);
• Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work closely together with others in an international and diverse team;
• Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English. Non-English speakers have to meet the C2-standards of the Common European Framework (CEF). International applicants are expected to acquire the Dutch language within two years.
Employment starts in November 2017 and will run for a fixed term of 1 year initially, to be extended with 1 years contingent upon satisfactory performance.
The conditions of employment correspond with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary is subject to training and experience and corresponds to Scale 11 or 12 CAO NU, with a maximum of € 5.405,- gross per month on a 38 hour per week contract.
Additional information can be obtained through one of the following links:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:
Prof. Dr. F. Vermeylen (email@example.com)
To apply, please send your application letter with your resume, publication list, a description of courses taught, (copies of) three key publications, (copies of) teaching assessments and the names and contact details of three referees before 8 September 2017 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of prof. dr. F. Vermeylen. Please mention “UD Cultural Organization and Management”.
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
The expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) is concentrated in the fields of Business Administration, Economics, Medicine and Health Sciences, Law, Social Sciences, History, Culture and Communication, and Philosophy. In addition to the initial degree programmes and scientific research, the University offers specific postgraduate study programmes and courses. Erasmus University has around 25,000 students and some 2,700 staff members.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature