Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
ERIM Research Data Steward (1.0 FTE)
Your work The ERIM Data Steward will inform, advise and support ERIM throughout the research data life cycle (collection, management, storage and publication) …
- Burgemeester Oudlaan, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
- The ERIM Data Steward will inform, advise and support ERIM throughout the research data life cycle (collection, management, storage and publication) in accordance with international RDM standards.
- You will initiate, orchestrate and actively support the institutional development of research data management workflows and best practices, ensuring the effective and client-focused organisation of research data. This will range from Data Management Planning (DMP) of research projects, to research data curation and the selection of tools and storage solutions.
- As a 'sparring partner' of the ERIM team and ERIM researchers, you will contribute to the development and implementation of management policies and guidelines for ERIM research data (e.g. data purchasing), and discipline-specific protocols, and you will assist with procedures for compliancy checks and grant proposals.
- You will explore and analyse relevant international trends in research data management, and develop and run training activities and (user) workshops tailored towards researchers' needs and inspire researchers to participate.
- You will co-ordinate data management activities in conjunction with the relevant administrative and service departments of RSM and ESE, participate in the EUR Data Steward training programme and the Data Stewardship capacity tool, contribute to knowledge exchange (privacy and funder requirements, open science and FAIR developments, EUR services, etc.) and assist other data stewards when possible.
- You will liaise with the EUR support units, mainly Erasmus Research Services (ERS), CIO/IT and the Library, and with ERIM's international and national stakeholders (such as project partners, funders, and networks.)
- You will contribute to EUR wide RDM projects, for example the development and upkeep of an RDM service desk including web portal and DMP templates and protocols, you will protect ERIM's interests in back-office projects like infrastructure developments, and support the roll-out of these new services.
We are looking for:
- A demonstrably outstanding and driven organiser with an academic background (MSc, MA, or PhD degree), preferably in business administration, social sciences or a related discipline.
- Experience with research methodologies and the way research data are managed in the field of management research, and a broad understanding of how data and software underpin high-quality research.
- Preferred experience with handling research data following protocols, documenting research data using standards, sharing data across institutional boundaries, and working according to Data Management Plans or protocols.
- Affinity and empathy with academic research and education, ICT skills, and familiarity with ICT and internet-driven organisational and work processes.
- Demonstrable experience with policy work, especially with initiating, developing, implementing, and seeing to fruition policies and projects, and preferably in business administration or a related discipline.
- Broad working experience in an international context and network, preferably in a university or international business school context.
- Excellent spoken and written proficiency in the English language (C1/C2).
- Willingness to participate in the EUR Data Steward training programme and commitment to high-quality, client-oriented service delivery.
Your required competencies
- A proactive problem-solver, results-oriented, analytical and highly sociable team player, with strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, able to interact with different offices and other stakeholders connected to RSM, ESE, ERIM and EUR.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, also under time pressure, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
ConditionsWhat we offer:
Working at Erasmus University Rotterdam means working in a professional environment, where personal development is encouraged via active career and mobility policies.
- An inspiring, results-driven professional working environment with ample opportunities for individual development and academic entrepreneurship.
- The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
- We offer a full-time (1.0 fte) contract, initially for the period of one year, followed potentially by a permanent contract.
- Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of €3,746 gross per month (scale 11 CAO NU) up to a maximum of €5,127 gross per month (scale 11 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
- Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent and a considerable number of vacation days (41 days for a full-time contract).
Additional informationFurther information about this position can be obtained from Dr Chrysoula Papacharalampou, ERIM Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org and from Jeroen Rombouts, Co-ordinator Research Data Management - Erasmus Research Services, email@example.com.
Please submit your application, including CV and cover letter, before 20 September 2020.