Lecturer applied statistics and research methods
Are you ready to contribute to educating future talent in (supply chain) management to make a positive impact to business and society? You can apply at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) for a lecturer position focusing on applied...
- Burgemeester Oudlaan, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Join a large and diverse team of scholars that contributes to management research and practice in the field of SCM, through teaching, research and engagement.
Your main tasks
Teaching in our BSc and MSc programmes, and possibly MBA and executive programmes, involving:
- Course delivery, including lectures (online/blended/classroom), assignments and examinations
- Course (re-)design, both in terms of substance and didactics
- Supervise and assess work placement assignments, final projects and theses
- have (or expect to complete soon) a PhD in statistics, research methods, econometrics, supply chain management, operations management, or a closely related field
- be able to teach in Dutch and in English
- have a strong background in quantitative empirical data analysis methods, such as econometrics and statistics
- have completed University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or equivalent.
Your required competences
- demonstrate a potential for excellence in teaching
- RSM is committed to being a research-led business school. It has seven academic departments with distinct focuses in terms of research and teaching. The department of TOM has a strong tradition in using, critically reviewing and improving analytical and empirical research methods, and mathematical modelling and simulation. You will be part of a strong community of 90 researchers and lecturers, including more than 40 PhD students in business processes, SCM, and information systems.
- SCM is one of three critical business transformations covered by the department and is focused on transforming the sector into sustainable global supply chains.
- We teach statistics and research methods in RSM's two bachelor programmes and several of its (full-time and part-time) master programmes. Our specialised MSc in Supply Chain Management is ranked among the best programmes in the world. The SCM section is one of the founding members of the MScBA in Business Analytics & Management.
- The department is also involved in RSM's extensive range of post-experience education portfolio such as its (Executive) MBA programmes.
- See also www.rsm.nl/employees
- We expect the candidate to start on 1 September 2021.
- The position is currently defined at the level of Lecturer, on a temporary basis (maximum four years). Subsequent promotion to Senior Lecturer with a permanent contract is possible in case of a track record of excellent teaching.
- The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO NU). Favourable tax agreements may apply to applicants who are not from the Netherlands. Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
- We offer excellent training and career development opportunities. RSM has a dedicated Learning Innovation Team, which supports faculty in improving and innovating their courses and programmes. This is done by developing blended and online learning, overcoming educational challenges, (re)designing courses or programmes, and by faculty development activities.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? We would like to hear from you before Thursday, 1 April 2021. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Make sure to include in your application package:
- your letter of interest
- your curriculum vitae
- a teaching statement
- teaching evaluations
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature