Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Lecturer Cultural Industries and Policy (0.6-0.8 fte)
The successful candidate is expected to: Teaching Perform teaching and supervising tasks for the International Bachelor in Arts and Culture Studies programme …
- Burgemeester Oudlaan, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 uur
- € 5127 per maand
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Perform teaching and supervising tasks for the International Bachelor in Arts and Culture Studies programme (IBACS) and the international Master’s specializations Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship as well as Arts, Culture and Society;
- Make a substantial contribution to the development of both bachelor and master level courses in the broader field of cultural and creative industries and cultural policy research;
- Depending on the successful candidate’s profile, teaching will include several of the following courses: MA course Innovation and Cultural Industries, BA1 course Cultural Policy, BA3 course Advanced Economic Aspects of Cultural Industries, BA3 course Economic Geography of Creativity and Urban Development.
- Contribute to the management tasks of the Department;
- Take an active part in relevant national and international academic networks and organizations;
- Develop and maintain close contacts with relevant organizations and professionals in the field of arts and culture.
To be eligible, a candidate must have:
- A PhD degree in arts and culture studies, cultural economics, cultural/economic sociology or a related field;
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English. Command of the Dutch language is helpful but not necessary. (Non-English speakers have to meet the C1-standards of the Common European Framework (CEF).
- Prior teaching experience, preferably in an international environment, with the well-documented ability to inspire students from undergraduate to postgraduate levels.
Candidates who don’t possess a formal teaching qualification, are expected to acquire it within two years (according to the standards of the so-called BKO-University Teaching Qualification);
- Advanced knowledge of social science research methods;
- A well-documented and sustained interest in arts and culture (work experience is also appreciated);
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to co-operate with others and perform well within an international and diverse team.
Employment starts on 1 November 2021 and will run for a fixed term of 1 years.
The conditions of employment correspond with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary is subject to training and experience and corresponds to Scale 11 CAO NU, with a maximum of € 5.127,- gross per month on a 38 hour per week contract.
Additional information can be obtained through one of the following links:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from: Dr. Pauwke Berkers (email@example.com) or Prof.dr. Koen van Eijck (firstname.lastname@example.org)