Tenure-track assistant professor in Supply Chain Management
Are you ready to dive into supply chain management research to make a positive impact in this business field? You can apply at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) for a faculty position as assistant professor in our department of T...
- Burgemeester Oudlaan, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Join a large and diverse team of scholars that contributes majorly to management research and practice in the field of SCM, through teaching, research and engagement.
Your main tasks
- Carrying out research - independently and in collaboration with others
- Teaching in BSc, MSc, MBA and executive programs
- You should have (or expect to complete soon) a PhD in supply chain management, operations management, or a closely related field.
- You must demonstrate a potential for excellence in research and teaching.
- We are particularly seeking candidates with an interest and relevant expertise in the overlapping areas of sustainability and supply (chain) management, with a research and teaching focus on for example sustainable supply chains, corporate social responsibility, sustainable sourcing, responsible sourcing, certification in supply chains, reverse logistics or closed-loop supply chains.
- Much of the research challenges in this interesting and developing field require an empirical approach, possibly combined with a modelling approach, so we encourage you to apply if you have a strong empirical background.
- You can also apply if you have expertise in one of the following focus areas:
- supply chain co-ordination and contracting
- transportation and logistics
- intralogistics (material handling, warehouse management, terminal operations)
- procurement, sourcing, purchasing and supply management
- behavioural operations
- sustainable operations and closed-loop supply chains
- retail operations
- RSM is committed to being a research-led business school. It has seven academic departments with distinct focuses in terms of research and teaching. You will be part of a strong community of 90 researchers, including more than 40 PhD students in ERIM's business processes, logistics, and information systems track (LIS).
- The Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) is the joint research institute of RSM and the Erasmus School of Economics. The ERIM-LIS research group's aim is to be at the forefront of developments in its domain, and to make major contributions to management research and to management practice. Our research is largely inspired by business challenges and is often carried out in close co-operation with companies.
- The Netherlands - and Rotterdam, which is home to the biggest seaport in Europe - is an international gateway to the massive markets of Western Europe. The Dutch logistics sector employs over 750,000 people and adds about €40 billion to the country's gross domestic product (GDP). Our research and teaching are inspired by our home city but are influenced by and have influence on the rest of the world.
- SCM is one of three critical business transformations covered by the department and is focused on transforming the sector into sustainable global supply chains.
- The SCM section at RSM consists of some 50 faculty and PhD students.
- The TOM department also works on business information management with a focus on digital transformation, and innovation management with a focus on business model transformation.
- TOM has a strong tradition in using, critically reviewing and improving analytical and empirical research methods, and mathematical modelling and simulation.
- We teach elements of Operations and SCM in RSM's two bachelor programmes and several of its master programmes. Our specialised MSc in Supply Chain Management is ranked among the best programmes in the world. Moreover, the SCM section is one of the founding members of the MScBA in Business Analytics & Management.
- The department is also involved in RSM's extensive range of post-experience education portfolio such as its (Executive) MBA programmes.
- See also https://www.rsm.nl/about-rsm/vacancies/meet-our-employees/
- We expect the candidate to start 1 September 2021
- The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO NU). Favourable tax agreements may apply to applicants who are not from the Netherlands. Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? We would like to hear from you before 1 March 2021. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Make sure to include in your application package:
- your letter of interest
- your curriculum vitae
- a research statement
- a teaching statement
- two recent (working) papers
- names of three referees.