Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Hogeschool Rotterdam via Aardoom & de Jong - Rotterdam
Head of Communications
You are an inspiring leader and team-player who focuses on contents, processes and results? Apply for this position!
2 maanden geleden
- Jan van Goyenkade, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 4500 - € 5800 per maand
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 10-15 jaar, 5-10 jaar
FunctieomschrijvingHead of Communications
European Cultural Foundation is looking for a Head of Communications.
Our founders created the European Cultural Foundation in 1954 as they envisioned a united Europe where citizens feel proudly European, a place where they can live, express themselves, work and dream freely, in diversity and harmony. Ever since the ECF promotes a European sentiment through developing and supporting cultural initiatives that let us share, experience and imagine Europe. We believe our mission is as urgent as it was back then as there are still many challenges that divide Europe, cause polarisation and bring about inequality. Culture has an important role to play here, helping to bridge these gaps, bringing people together, opening new ways, finding and imagining possibilities. We are a committed, ambitious, diverse, open international foundation with a strong network and long-standing reputation in partnership building across Europe.
Position in the organisation
As Head of Department, you are a member of the Management Team, reporting to the Director. You will also be member of our Initiative on Sustainable Finance and Fund Development. You lead, manage and supervise a team of four to five (2 of which you will be able to recruit). You are a strategic communications expert but can lead a team hands-on. You are a sparring partner for your colleagues in the MT and the Director.
Communications at ECF
Our ambition is to be a leading voice on the role of culture in building a better Europe and in our focus areas in particular. Our voice and language must be accessible to a wide audience across all our communication channels, internal and external, avoiding jargon and buzzwords. Our way of communicating must be attractive to diverse audiences in Europe: from grantees to potential funders, from programme partners to European decision-makers.
What will you be doing?
As Head of Communications, you lead the communications team, develop our organisation-wide communication and contribute to strategic goals at departmental and organisational level. You know what is going on in the world of philanthropy, culture and European relations, and you translate the work of the organisation into accessible, engaging and inviting language and communications. Together with the MT, you have a proactive role in the development of the organisation's strategy.
As a manager, you make time to invest in people and you know how to develop and motivate your team. As Head of Department, you are integrally responsible for achieving the agreed results and performance of the team.
In particular you:
- Set and guide the communications strategy to articulate and promote ECF’s work and thematic areas and follow-through its implementation.
- Set and guide the communications strategy to attract partners and funders to ECF’s work.
- Know how to navigate in a complex environment between different stakeholders, interest groups, partners and colleagues with different cultural backgrounds.
- Build and further develop a solid media profile for ECF in Europe.
- Represent the organisation in external contacts and act as spokesperson where applicable.
- Advise and support the other departments from your communications point of view.
- Work alongside your team in developing, coordinating, implementing, assessing and evaluating activities.
You are a passionate communicator for the role of culture in a just and well-functioning Europe. A people person who can manage a team and be part of a team. An innovator who is mixing old and new ways to reach diverse audiences across Europe. A person who can translate strategic and political thinking into communication and doing. A person who can shape stories and strategies to raise funds. A competent sparring partner within the Management Team. You share our passion and vision for Europe.
In addition, we think it is important that you meet the following requirements:
- Relevant European experience in developing and implementing a communications strategy including translating this strategy into visible results.
- You can think conceptually and you have excellent writing skills.
- Your way of working mirrors ECF’s ethos: leadership and collaboration. You know how to work collaboratively across the organisation and connect the department internally and externally.
- Several years of managerial experience and leading a team.
- You are an inspiring leader and team-player who focuses on contents, processes and results.
When joining ECF, we ask you to recognize yourself in the following competences:
Adaptive leadership – You mobilise and inspire others by providing guidance and direction in the attainment of challenging objectives related to results and personal development. Able to adapt the style of leadership to different employees and situations and setting the right example personally. Able to lead teams remotely as well as on location and dealing with unprecedented challenges.
Awareness – You are aware of and sensitive to values of diversity, equality and inclusion. Able to translate these values into daily practice. You recognize the value of difference without seeing it as obstacle and are able to support a sense of inclusion and belonging for staff and stakeholders across cultures and belief systems.
Commitment / Focus– You commit to the organizational direction, but you know how to develop your own ideas and initiatives within it. You are creative in this and you think outside the box. You have ambition with focus.
Conceptual thinking - The ability to view the organisation as a whole, understand how the various parts are interdependent, and assess how the organisation relates to its external environment. Being able to identify, conceptualize, and solve intricate problems, to think and work through abstract ideas and come up with responses to complex issues.
Craftsman / -woman – You operate from a broad perspective on communications and have extensive experience with both strategy and hands-on work. You have a vision on the role / position of communications in an organization.
Integrity – You demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles and aim at doing the right thing. Able to build relationships and trust based on honesty, reliability, accountability, and consistency.
Management sensitive – You ensure a continuous dialogue about the realization of ambitions in the communications team. You are a competent and valued sparring partner for the Director and within the Management Team and advise on hope-based communication.
- An opportunity to create, thrive, develop in an international team, in one of the most interesting cities in Europe, Amsterdam.
- The chance to join Europe’s only European cultural foundation.
- Being part of an organisation with an impressive legacy but which is not stuck in the past.
- Flexible work arrangements with a combination of analogue and digital work, in Amsterdam and Europe.
- Fun and joy which comes from working inside a diverse team on things that matter.
- Salary ranging from EUR 4500 to EUR 5800 gross per month, on a full-time basis with 13th month, 8% holiday allowance and benefits package.
- A contract for 32 - 37.5 hours a week, for 1 year with a view to extending.
Executive search agency Colourful People is in the lead in this search. For more information please phone René Burgler, senior partner at Colourful People, on +31 (0)6-28575436, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply?
You can apply for this position using the application form to upload your cover letter and resume or by sending your letter and resume to email@example.com. ECF aims to fill the position by end of October 2021.
The preselection interviews at Colourful People will be scheduled in week 38/39.
The first round of interviews at ECF will be scheduled in week 41.
The second round of interviews at ECF will be scheduled in week 43.
You must have a valid work permit for the Netherlands (according to Dutch Labour Law).
ECF embraces diversity and we aim to be more diverse when hiring new team members. When multiple candidates are equally suitable for a position, we will select the candidate that brings a new background to our team. We explicitly invite candidates that can think and act interculturally and can make connections to diverse groups of stakeholders.
Agency calls are not appreciated.