Currently we are seeking candidates to our Company in the Netherlands for a position:
Business Continuity Engineer
Purpose of the Central Support, Ops Technology & Innovation department:
The Central Support, Ops Technology & Innovation department, also described as Central P&E part of the European Planning & Engineering (P&E) structure, is the custodian of operational standards and methods, applications and program management standards in support of the Field and Network P&E functions and Operations. Key areas of expertise include Process standards & methods, Best Practices, customer solutions engineering, routing and transit time management, application development and release, business innovation, business continuity management, change management and program facilitation/management. The majority of activities is currently focused on successful integration of TNT and FedEx with a future state to drive company standards and continues improvements. An essential part is the buildup of a solid business continuity department within P&E.
Business Continuity Management:
FedEx has established a structure of a Central Crisis Management Team and Country Crisis Management Teams in Europe. The Country CMTs handle crisis management and business recovery in country whereas the Central CMT handles crisis across countries, in large strategic locations such as the regional hubs and is the key contact for the global CMT in Memphis. The SVP Planning & Engineering Europe is chairing the Central CMT with the VP Air P&E and VP Central P&E as his 1st and 2nd backups. On the TNT side of business a global tool (Continuity2) is in place to capture risks and risk mitigation action plans.
Responsibilities of the Business Continuity Engineer:
The Business Continuity Engineer is a position coordinated by the Program Management department within Central P&E. The main responsibility lies in ensuring business risks are managed, appropriate Business Continuity Plans are developed, maintained on a suitable platform (currently Continuity 2) and tested and trained regularly (the Business Continuity Framework). The Business Continuity Engineer will define, build and implement required standards & processes, support training and future maintenance of the Business Continuity framework. The framework needs to be able to properly support the Central CMT Chair for FedEx Europe. The Engineer should provide guidance to the Central CMT Chair and is to advise on the further build-up of the required Business Continuity team.
- Build-Up Business Continuity Department within Central P&E Act as sparring partner to MD, VP and SVP on Business Continuity related matters
- Support process to define scope and deliverables
- Set required standards and procedures
- Identify potential external vendors FedEx can benefit from
- Build plan to transform current Business Continuity framework to required future state
- Launch and Maintain Business Continuity framework
- Design and plan structure to properly train required staff on processes and procedures
- Collaborate with Global IT – Information Security to enable training on Continuity 2
- Maintain training cycles and participants to keep population up to date on business continuity plans
- Signal potential threats & opportunities and intervene /adjust accordingly
- Crises management
- Function as direct support to Central CMT Chair in case a crisis occurs
- Coordinate execution of Business Continuity plans as required and applicable
- Provide required program management support
- In recovery mode maintain visibility on progress
- After crises process lessons learned and adjust framework where required
Start influencing your future now by sending your resume and motivation letter in ENGLISH to Arnoud Zuurbier, HR Department, email@example.com.
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN THE NETHERLANDS. FEDEX DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENTS
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
FedEx Corp. provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $46 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities.