Manager Planning & Engineering
Interesse? Kijk snel verder
- Breguetlaan, Oude Meer, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
Currently we are seeking candidates to our Company in the Netherlands for a position:
Manager Planning & Engineering
Location: (exact location tbd)
- Provides leadership & direction to a Team of Professionals who are typically based in several remote locations across Benelux. Includes clear expectations regarding Country, European & US business goals, priorities, & risks and gains Team commitment to the achievement of the required results.
- Contributes to the identification and development of regional strategic & tactical plans that are aligned with divisional/corporate strategies
- Leads cross functional teams relating to profit initiatives and Regional Business Case development to assure that high level initiatives are supported by appropriate engineering rationale
- Aligns with the regional Management Team (Marketing, Operations, Finance etc) to develop concepts, tactics & plans relating to business expansions (new stations, hub expansions etc).
- Initiates and/or leads projects to improve capabilities by re-engineering key parts of the operation (re-location of specific functions, process re-engineering including outsourcing, maximizing sort capacity etc). Manages the implementation of relevant parts of the approved solution within agreed parameters & in compliance with all relevant regulatory & legislative requirements.
- Maintains accurate & realistic five year plans that ensure the operation is effectively prepared to accommodate changes relating to volumes, business expansions, new services, regulatory requirements, technology etc.
- Ensures the development of realistic forecasts (stations, resources such as vans, equipment, headcount etc), including appropriate costs, based on effective analysis & evaluation of multiple factors. Secures commitment to potential changes to the plan & ensures the incorporation of approved factors.
- Evaluates ongoing changes within FedEx (new flights, cut off times, Corporate or European business changes/projects etc), or externally (new service offering from a competitor, new technology or regulatory change etc) that impact the operation.
- Supports the MD/VP Team by leading the development of robust solutions to ad-hoc problems, which can be high focus/high impact for the region. Includes chairing cross-functional groups and taskforces and co-ordination of corrective actions, facilitating cross-department agreement through the evaluation of objective criteria.
- Manages departmental & project budgets ensuring all costs are reviewed & controlled within defined parameters. Focuses on providing commercially sound business advice relating to all operational capital expenditure & realization of revenue opportunities.
We are looking for a team player who is well organized, highly motivated and customer focused. That person should also have positive attitude and a passion for technology.
Other profile requirements are:
- University degree in Engineering/Business/Economic or relevant quantitative discipline
- Required languages are English (fluent verbal and written) and Dutch/ French preferable
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with experience of preparing, presenting & justifying business cases to Senior Management level audiences
- Excellent persuasion & influencing skills with experience of gaining commitment to significant change initiatives
- Excellent commercial judgement with experience of evaluating the broader business impact of projects and plans
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent process orientation with experience of engineering processes & developing & implementing simplifications & enhancements
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English with reference number to Erik Adriaenssens: email@example.com.
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN THE NETHERLANDS.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Engineering, Engineer, Management, Manager, Business, Economic
FedEx Corp. provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $46 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.