Grassy Creek is an investment firm with offices in London, Amsterdam, Crested Butte (Colorado), New York and the San Francisco Bay Area. Our primary business lines are Asset Management, Property and Hospitality Management and Technology Ventures. We named ourselves after a river in Ohio where the founders grew up in a time without rules and anything imagined became reality. That spirit still lives today within Grassy Creek.
We encourage creative thinking and we have fun turning dreams into reality. Whether it's creating a world class cat ski operation, building a global high-end experience destination business or building innovative business software applications, we dream big and continue to be amazed when those dreams come true.
As part of our Property Management business line Grassy Creek is involved in managing the (real estate-) development and the operations of Eleven Experience (www.elevenexperience.com).
From our office in Amsterdam we host all central service center support tasks which include Finance, Accounting, Business Control and HR.
- Based at our Amsterdam office we are looking for an Operational Auditor with 5+ years' experience in a financial accounting and control and/or audit process-oriented role, reporting to our Managing Director Finance & Administration
- New independent position in our company; one-person department
- You will work in a demanding and fast paced international environment, interacting with your colleagues abroad (the US, The Netherlands, France, UK and Iceland ao)
- You will be responsible for reviewing and recommending improvements for processes around procurement and treasury- and accounting controls, verifying the accuracy and completeness of expenses, existence and valuation of inventories and assets, review and improve procurement processes and all affiliated
What's on offer
- A fulltime position of five days per week based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Salary range EUR 55-70K per annum depending on experience and skill set
- Travel to business locations outside of the Netherlands
- An office located in the middle of the vibrant Amsterdam canal belt, just minutes away from Amsterdam Central Station
- Possibility to grow in the organization
- Informal, respectful and professional team. No-nonsense approach. We are serious about what we do and respect each-others skills which, put together as a team, gets us to our goals
Main tasks and responsibilities
Guidelines – (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Develop and drive the operational audit function in our company
- Lead, plan and execute (field work) financial and operational audits, documenting processes and key controls or lack of any, creating audit procedures to test the design and operating effectiveness of the key controls
- Communicate and effectively present audit findings to all relevant levels of the organization and prepare documentation to supplement those findings
- Develop, propose and implement recommendations to improve financial and operational controls and general improvements to existing business processes aiming at increased control as well as efficiency
- Execute special audit and associated projects as assigned by the MD from time to time
5+ years of experience in conducting financial and operational audits in a multinational company
- CIA, RO, RA qualification is a plus
- Solid financial accounting and reporting knowledge
- Experience in procurement process audits
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to develop, design, and execute financial and operational audit plans and programs
- Capable of performing risk assessments and identifying key business and financial risks
- Ability to identify signals of inadequate controls or oddities
- Proficient in presentation software, MS Excel, numerical analytics
- Proficient in English, written and verbal
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Ability to develop, write and present meaningful informative reports
- Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams
- Willing and able to travel to our locations up to 40% of the time
Applicants must be permitted to work in The Netherlands.
Are you up for the challenge?
Send us your cv and motivation letter via the application form
. Visit www.grasscreek.nl
for more information about our organization.
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated.