1 dag geleden - Thomas a Kempis - Arnhem
Professor of Sensor Technology & Smart Systems
The professorship at presentThe Computer Science and Sensor Technology professorship is part of the High Tech Systems focus area, based in Assen, and is …
- Zernikeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4972 - € 6940 per maand
The professorship at present
The Computer Science and Sensor Technology professorship is part of the High Tech Systems focus area, based in Assen, and is allied to the major in Sensor Technology and the master's programme in Sensor System Engineering. The Institute is currently working to further strengthen the professorship's alignment with developments in smart industry, which is reflected in a name change from Computer Science and Sensor Technology to Sensor Technology & Smart Systems. Within the professorship, research focuses on innovations and advances in smart industry, and specifically on the fields of sensor technology and smart systems. The results of this research are used towards education at Hanze UAS, to improve performance at existing and new enterprises and to anticipate new developments in a fast changing world.
Aims of the professorship
- Research and technology transfer:
To develop knowledge and innovative products and services for companies and organisations. To develop methods, techniques and tools to achieve reliable, safe and successful innovations and transitions at companies and organisations. To stimulate entrepreneurship and support student start-ups;
To teach and develop educational material for the master's programme in Sensor System Engineering. To connect living lab research to the bachelor's and master's programmes, embedding them in a lively, thriving and inspiring research climate.
- Research group:
To build a research group. To acquire external resources. To supervise students and lecturers/researchers. To build and maintain a network of Dutch and international partners. To contribute to further development of the Centre of Applied Biobased Economy Research together with professorships in the Smart Industry focus area.
To achieve the aims of this professorship, we require the prospective professor to have the following knowledge, experience and qualities:
- PhD in a relevant field: engineering, computer science or similar;
- relevant publications (Dutch and/or international) in the knowledge domain of sensor technology and smart systems;
- extensive network in and outside the Netherlands;
- experience in the acquisition of grants and management of subsidised projects;
- demonstrable knowledge of current sensor/smart systems innovations and business development;
- fluency in English.
In addition to the required qualifications, the following qualifications are desired:
- Experience teaching in professionally oriented bachelor's and master's education and in linking teaching, research and industry;
- experience in leading/managing professionals.
- Ability to connect and collaborate, with a sensitivity for organisational concerns;
- ability to lead (coach) teams and individuals;
- enterprising, innovative and pragmatic attitude;
- excellent communication skills;
- ability to strike the right balance between empathy and professionalism.
This is an appointment to the category of Professor A (Lector A) with a full-time equivalent of 0.8 to 1.0 fte. The employment commencement date is in or before September 2018. This appointment is a temporary position having an initial period of one year, with the possibility of extension for the duration of the professorship. Appointment is based on the provisions of the Collective Agreement for Dutch Universities of Applied Sciences (CAO HBO), job grade 15. The salary is a minimum of €4,972 and a maximum of €6,940 gross per month based on full-time employment. In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus.
An assessment will form part of the selection procedure.
New employees must provide a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG). You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze University.
Inquiries may be directed to Ms Peta de Vries, Dean of the Institute of Engineering, tel. +31 (0)50-595 3552.
For queries regarding the digital application form, please contact the HR Recruitment department, tel. +31 (0)50-595 7505.
The interviews will take place in week 27/28.
Status of the vacancy
Application for this job vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. Current employees of Hanze UAS will be given preference over external candidates.
No agencies please.
Closing date: 17 june 2018