Post-Doc in Modelling Transport Operations for H2020 Project
The Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS) is currently looking for a Post-Doc in Modelling Transport Operations for H2020 Project (1,0 fte)
- Amstelplein, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 4892 per maand
What we look for
The Aviation Academy has recently been granted a SESAR/H2020 project that aims at developing the ConOPS for integration of Air Transport in the intermodal network of Europe. The project is a 2-year project ending in summer 2022, in which 6 international partners are involved. The main role of AUAS in the project will be to develop a complete set of simulation models of Urban and extended Urban areas; these models will be used by the consortia for validating the ConOPS and determine the performance in the future.
As a post doc, your main activity will be the development (and formalization using Coloured Petri nets) of the required models of specific urban areas. Next to this, you will participate in the different activities within the consortium, supporting the Principal Investigator of AUAS, and you will disseminate the results by writing scientific academic papers for top international peer-reviewed journals (e.g. TRA, TRC, IEEE, JATM) and participating in international conferences.
Since we value a strong link and cooperation between our research projects and educational programme, you will also be asked to contribute to our educational Bachelor programme (for a maximum of 20% of your commission).
As a successful applicant, you are proficient in English and have:
- A PhD degree (or in the last stage of it) in Operations Research, Applied mathematics or similar, with emphasis in Simulation and optimization in the area of Aviation Operations
- Hands-on expertise in modelling and simulation of airport terminals, logistics systems or similar; experience with optimization is an advantage
- Experience developing models in Coloured Petri nets
- Proven experience in DES large modelling; specifically in the use of general purpose simulators like SIMIO or similar.
- Hands-on experience in programming in C# or JAVA
- Experience in meeting deadlines of contract research
- Familiar with the aviation industry and airport operations, and transport logistics
- Strong communication skills in Academic English (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Preferably, the candidate has recently published on similar topic in high-level international journals
Depending on your specific qualifications and experience, the full-time position of post doc has a maximum salary of €4,892 gross per month (salary scale 11). Post-doc position is plotted in our system according profile Lecturer/researcher 2.
Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS) also has an extensive package of secondary employment benefits, including an 8% vacation allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%. Our AUAS Academy offers outstanding study and development opportunities, and we encourage our employees to work continuously on their professional development.
We offer a contract for 18 months, starting in September 2020.
Find out more
Does this position sound like a good fit for your personal and professional qualities? If so, we would like to hear from you. You can find out more from our associate professor Dr. Miguel Mujica Mota: email@example.com, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about our School of Technology is also available at http://www.hva.nl/techniek/.
This vacancy closes on the 27th of May.
Please click on the link below to submit an online application. Applications submitted directly to the point of contact or in any other manner will not be processed.
This vacancy has been published simultaneously internally and externally. In the event of equivalent suitability, internal candidates will be given preference over external candidates.
We apply the AUAS Job Application Code to this vacancy’s recruitment and selection process.
No (recruitment) agencies please.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature