This tenure track position at the assistant professor level will be within the Intelligent Sensory Information Systems Lab at the Institute for Informatics, …
Lecturer Industrial Engineering & Management
Are you the industrial engineering (and business) colleague who wants to work in a small dynamic team to help realise an inspiring learning environment where (research) projects are executed in close cooperation with the professional ...
- Edisonweg, Vlissingen, Zeeland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 3392 - € 4661 per maand
Are you the industrial engineering (and business) colleague who wants to work in a small dynamic team to help realise an inspiring learning environment where (research) projects are executed in close cooperation with the professional practice?
You have a passion for the technical aspects of a Bachelor programme in industrial engineering and management and you are a professional with a drive. You also want to inspire young people with your knowledge and expertise. You have gained experience in trade and industry and/or with teaching, and you have been working as an engineer for some years now.
You have a student-oriented attitude. You can embed relevant topics in attractive and multidisciplinary educational projects together with your colleagues.
You have a pleasant and open style of communicating and can inspire students and colleagues. You see both the students and trade and industry as important customers and can tailor our “product” accordingly.
Are you looking forward to working with us on the further development of the fulltime and part-time study programme Industrial Engineering and Management?
The Industrial Engineering and Management programme is part of the Academy for Technology & Innovation. You will be working in a small and close-knit team that is responsible for developing and executing the study programme’s curriculum. We expect you to have the necessary knowledge and experience to teach subjects such as (applied) mathematics, statistics, physics and materials science without any problems, and to have experience with (re)designing, improving and optimising production processes and production resources. You are also adept at handling production management tools, such as TPM, Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Six Sigma. The knowledge and/or experience with asset management of physical assets would be a supplement to the existing knowledge in our team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing education in fields such as (applied) mathematics, statistics, physics and materials science, production techniques and in multidisciplinary courses/study projects;
- Supervising and coaching students;
- Actively participating in the development of interdisciplinary educational projects in collaboration with trade and industry.
- You are in possession of a completed academic degree, in the field of Industrial Engineering, or in a comparable technical discipline;
- You have at least five years of work experience in an industrial production environment that has a high level of innovation and quality;
- You have teaching experience;
- You preferably have international work experience;
- You can teach in fluent English and have demonstrably at least a C1 level in English as the study programme is taught in English.
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You are cooperative;
- You have good coaching and stimulating skills and sensitivity;
- You have a flexible attitude.
- Extension of this appointment depends on personal performance and formative space.
- The maximum scale of this job is function scale 11 (a minimum of € 3392.46 and a maximum of € 4661.12 gross per month for a fulltime appointment) in accordance with the HBO Collective Labour Agreement;
- Good secondary employment conditions such as a thirteenth month, a tax exchange scheme for travel expenses and facilitation in time for personal development;
- A versatile job;
- Support for obtaining a teaching qualification if you do not already have one. You do not need a teaching qualification to work as a higher professional education lecturer.
A trial lecture can be part of the selection procedure.
Would you like more information?
Would you like to get more information on the position of a lecturer at higher professional level? Visit this site https://www.werkenbijhogescholen.nl/functies/.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Han van Osch, programme coordinator of Industrial Engineering and Management: email@example.com.
Would you like to apply?
We hereby cordially invite you to apply. We are curious about your motivation!
If you want to respond, please send your application before 1 March 2018. We ask you to apply via our website www.hz.nl/vacatures.
Acquisition and other mediations resulting from this advertisement are not appreciated.
HZ University of Applied Sciences has over 4,800 students, who are not just taught a profession but are also trained to become enterprising professionals. For the seventh year in a row we are in the top 3 of the best universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands. The HZ offers personal, small-scale fulltime and part-time education. Our students are encouraged to excel to the best of their ability through personal development and knowledge development. Both practically-oriented education and close cooperation with the professional practice in the fields of education, research and innovation, are at the core of this.