At a glance Do you want to be the first one to know the monthly profit of ABN AMRO? Then you should work at the consolidation department. We receive the financ…
Lecturer Spatial Economics
Are you a spatial economist who would like to share your experience with our students? Are you an enthusiastic professional who has the ambition to teach in our Market and Means track and would you ...
- Edisonweg, Vlissingen, Zeeland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 16 uur
Are you a spatial economist who would like to share your experience with our students? Are you an enthusiastic professional who has the ambition to teach in our Market and Means track and would you possibly like to combine this with performing research? Will you work with us to strengthen the Delta Academy?
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To teach within your subject and in multidisciplinary courses/study projects;
- Guide and coach students;
- Research in synergy with education;
- Participate actively in the development of an interdisciplinary curriculum, in cooperation with the work field.
- You are passionate about spatial planning or spatial economy in relation to water challenges in delta areas worldwide and you are a driven professional. Besides that, you want to inspire young adults with your knowledge. You have worked for some years as a spatial economist, and may have some experience as a lecturer.
- You have experience in establishing and guiding land development operations, (societal) cost benefit analyses, giving advice on financial and legal feasibility of projects, creating risk analyses, undertaking opportunity management in spatial development projects and/or climate adaptation. Apart from this, you have up-to-date knowledge on realizing (international) spatial development projects. Keywords include: ground exploitation, (European) tenders, area marketing and –branding, environmental and planning act, risk- and opportunity management.
- Your communication style is open and pleasant, and you are capable of inspiring both students and colleagues. Water Management is an international programme, classes are taught in English.
Do you have a student-centred approach and do you feel capable of embedding relevant topics into attractive and multidisciplinary projects? If so, we are looking for you, as a part-time lecturer (0.4 FTE) for our team.
The vacancy of lecturer spatial economics can be combined with one of the job openings at the research group Resilient Deltas.
Can you contribute to research on water safety and climate adaptation, and more specifically in relation to the resilience of the society in delta areas? Besides that, do you have experience with doing research, and you can do that with regards to risk analysis, impact assessment and societal cost benefit analysis? Then the possibility exists to extend this vacancy to 1.0 FTE by conducting research for the research group Resilient Deltas. The research group works together with students on relevant societal issues in cooperation with external parties and in close cooperation with education.
What do we ask?
- A completed master degree in a relevant subject area;
- Broad knowledge and extensive work experience in the work field of spatial economics or spatial planning;
- Very good communication and coaching skills;
- Experience with setting up, conducting and supporting research;
- A real team player;
- Good knowledge of the English language, both speaking and writing (proficiency level);
- An enterprising attitude (willingness to innovate) and a broad network in the work field.
- A temporary contract for 1 year. Extension of this appointment depends on personal functioning and formative space.
- Enrolment according to CAO HBO.
- Good secondary benefits such as a 13th salary month, and facilitation in time for own development;
- Multifaceted work;
- Support in obtaining the didactic note for education in case you do not possess one currently. You do not need educational training to start as a HBO-lecturer.
- Combination of lecturing and research is possible, see the vacancy of junior- and medior researcher climate adaptation which will be published from the 13th of July.
- A trial lesson can be part of the selection procedure.
The course Water Management and the research group Resilient Deltas are a part of the Delta Academy. Together they ensure the integration of education and research for the curriculum of the graduation programme Delta Management.
Do you need more information?
Would you like more about the work as a HBO-lecturer? Take a look at https://www.werkenbijhogescholen.nl/functies/
More information concerning this vacancy can be obtained from:
Jorik Creemers Programme coordinator water management; 0614266053 (available until July 16th & 8 August - 15 August)
Jean-Marie coordinator Research group Resilient Deltas; 0618471736 (available until July 21st )
Do you want to apply?
We invite you to apply, and are looking forward to read your motivation. To respond send your application before August 15th, 2017. We ask you to apply through the 'Apply' button.
The interviews are planned for August 23rd 2017.
The HZ University of Applied Sciences has more than 4800 students who are not only learning a trade, but are also educated to be enterprising professionals. For the seventh consecutive year, we are in the top-3 of best universities of applied sciences within the Netherlands. The HZ offers personal, small-scale full-time and part-time education. Our students are stimulated to be their best through personal development and knowledge development. Practically focused education is central to this, and we closely cooperate in the areas of education, research and innovation.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature