Researcher governance and planning of climate adaptation
Researcher governance and planning of climate adaptation 1.0 FTE (part-time possible in consultation) Are you a driven researcher who wants to contribute to …
- Edisonweg, Vlissingen, Zeeland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
Researcher governance and planning of climate adaptation 1.0 FTE (part-time possible in consultation)
Are you a driven researcher who wants to contribute to practice-oriented research in the field of flood risk management and climate adaptation? Do you have knowledge and expertise in the field of adaptive planning? Do you have a strong analytical ability and know how to turn your knowledge into practical solutions? Do you like to guide students in subprojects and share your knowledge and skills?
If the above applies to you, we would like to invite you for a meeting about your role in the research group Water Safety and Spatial planning of the Delta Academy Applied Research Center.
Your core tasks
As an experienced researcher you contribute to several multidisciplinary projects together with your team. The work concentrates on the aforementioned European project. You carry out activities independently within the team and you can manage (sub) projects. In the execution you supervise the students who are contributing to the research. Due to the practical nature, there is a high diversity of activities, such as organising workshops, literature study, participation in practical meetings and interviews. The activities lead to practical knowledge and the development of new instruments for the topic of climate adaptation. The research results in written reports, presentations and publications.
In order to strengthen the team within a European (Interreg) project, we are looking for a graduate with a master or PhD who has a passion for climate adaptation (water safety, precipitation), spatial development and governance. You have knowledge of adaptive planning and assessment frameworks / instruments for decision-making on long-term strategies. You can also translate this into a practical-oriented application in a specific context and vice versa. You have graduated and / or gained a PhD in water management, spatial planning, public administration, or any other relevant discipline. Because the research takes place at a university of applied sciences, we ask affinity with practice-oriented research. You have a strong analytical ability and like to take responsibility for (sub) projects. You are a professional who knows how to position him/herself well in consultation with the professional field and in scientific discussions.
- A completed relevant master's programme or Ph.D. (water management, spatial planning, public administration or another relevant discipline)
- Knowledge of adaptive planning and assessment frameworks / instruments for decision making
- Extensive experience as a researcher, affinity with practice-oriented research
- Experience in and up-to-date knowledge of the fields of flood risk management and climate adaptation
- A strong analytical capacity
- A good to excellent command of the English language both orally and in writing
- A team player in multidisciplinary projects
- Responsibility for carrying out (sub) projects
- Possesses a relevant network
- An appointment for 1 year, with a possibility for extension
- Salary in accordance with CAO HBO
- Good secondary employment conditions such as a thirteenth month, the tax exchange scheme for travel costs and facilitation in time for personal development
- A versatile job
- A professional team with a nice working atmosphere, enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues
- An organisation where you can further develop yourself.
Would you like more information?
More information about the research group can be found on the website: www.resilientdeltas.nl
Would you like to know more about the position of an HBO researcher? Visit https://www.werkenbijhogescholen.nl/functies/onderzoek-lector/
For further information you can contact:
Jean-Marie Buijs, coordinator of the associate professorship flood risk management and spatial use; 06 18471736
Teun Terpstra, lecturer on water safety and spatial use; 06 10062845
Do you want to apply?
We cordially invite you to apply. We are curious about your motivation!
If you want to respond, please send your application before 31 May 2018. We ask you to apply via the application button on this page.
The job interviews are scheduled for: 13 June 2018
Acquisition and other mediations in connection with this vacancy are not appreciated.