De faculteit Recht, Economie, Bestuur en Organisatie van de Universiteit Utrecht zoekt een Hoogleraar Staatsrecht. Bent u geïnteresseerd in deze baan? Lees dan…
Senior Project Leader Building with Nature
Are you the driven, professional colleague with a great deal of knowledge about eco-morphology and water safety and who has ambition for research and …
- Edisonweg, Vlissingen, Zeeland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
Are you the driven, professional colleague with a great deal of knowledge about eco-morphology and water safety and who has ambition for research and education? And do you want to work on research projects in a knowledge environment within a professional and driven team in which you will be the point of contact?
The Delta Academy offers a unique package of programmes in the areas of water, land and living in delta areas. Four research groups are bundled in the Delta Academy Research Centre. Each research group has its own programme, but they collectively carry out practice-oriented research in the field of delta technology. One of the research groups is Building with Nature, you will lead this in the role of research coordinator. A varying number of professionals works in the group.
You work on setting up, implementing and coordinating practice-oriented research projects which are carried out in collaboration with knowledge institutions such as NIOZ, Deltares and WMR, commissioned by governments and businesses. You have experience setting up and carrying out measuring campaigns in the field of eco-morphology and water safety. You excel in describing the translation of issues in professional practice into research proposals in project applications. You’re good at presenting research results, including in professional literature, scientific journals and during congresses. You spend 75% of your time on research, the rest of your time is dedicated to teaching in the field of building with nature in the Delta Academy programmes Civil Engineering and Water Management.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You’re the point of contact for the Building with Nature research group;
- You supervise and work on the execution of research projects with regards to nature-based flood defences;
- You make connections between education and research;
You carry out research in the form of drafting the measurement plan, data acquisition with measuring instruments, data processing with existing software packages and reporting.
- You have an academic degree in the field of physical geography, coastal engineering, civil engineering and management or a comparable field;
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in the field of morphology, water safety;
- You’re interested in connecting theory and practice;
- You have affinity with project organisation and project finances:
- You have affinity with higher professional education and would like to contribute to the curriculum of the Civil Engineering and Water Management programmes in the field of nature-based flood defences.
- You communicate clearly towards the professional field and within the university of applied sciences;
- You’re good at distinguishing between main and subordinate issues.
- You can present compellingly both verbally and in writing;
- You have excellent command of the Dutch and English language, verbally and in writing. For English at Proficiency level.
- A temporary appointment for 1 year. The extension of this appointment depends on personal performance and formative space.
- Pay grade in accordance with HBO CLA in scale 11 in the position of lecturer.
- Good secondary employment conditions including a thirteenth month, the fiscal conversion scheme for travel costs and time for personal development;
- Varied, ambitious work;
- Support in acquiring a didactic note if you do not yet have one. You don’t need a teaching qualification to work as an HBO lecturer, but you must be willing to acquire this qualification and to invest in your craftsmanship as a lecturer.
Would you like more information?
You can ask for more information about the position from: Joost Stronkhorst, Leading lector, telephone number: 06-53215291 or about the procedure from Monica Snoodijk, personnel advisor, telephone number: 0118 489 234.
Would you like to apply?
You're more than welcome to apply.
If you would like to apply, send in your application before 31th of May 2018. We ask you to apply via the application button on this page.
The interviews are scheduled for dr. Joost Stronkhorst and Prof. dr. Tjeerd Bouma at 20th of June 2018.
Acquisition and other mediation as a result of this vacancy are not appreciated.