Advanced Analytics Legal Expert
ING is looking for an Advanced Analytics Legal Expert
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Vast contract
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
As Legal Counsel working at Wholesale Banking Legal you will work with the WB Advanced Analytics (WBAA) teams to further strengthen their understanding of the applicable laws and regulations and to help creating and implementing a vision on data use, data management and product innovation from a Non-Financial Risk (NFR) perspective. You will liaise with the larger organisation and provide expert guidance to the Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics team.
Wholesale Banking Legal Lending & PCM is a department of 25 lawyers responsible to support WB businesses active in data use & data management, lending, payment and cash management. Our expertise ranges from product development, process improvement, transaction support to providing guidance on relevant legal developments. The department acts as centre of expertise for the WB network and is connected to various interbank working groups.
WBAA is a team of 40 people that has the mission to make Wholesale Banking in ING data driven. We do this by combining Big Data technology with Data Science to deliver high value solutions and products for our organization. We work in a fun and creative environment and we’re dedicated to bringing out the best in both each other and our projects. You’ll be part of the Non-Financial Risk squad within WBAA, which is without a doubt the best part J
Do you have a vision on where data analytics should go? What it would mean to do analytics ‘the right way’? Would you like to work with people who all want to be the best in their fields? Do you like ping pong and wearing a t-shirt to work? Search no further, if you answered all of the previous with yes, you want to work at Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics.
You will shape how the Wholesale Bank interacts with data from an NFR perspective while working within a complex environment and building and maintaining relationships with other (legal) departments to collaborate with you and the rest of the team to further your vision. Furthermore, you will provide guidance to the project teams of WBAA in how they can make their projects as successful as can be. You combine both thinking of the future and a hands-on, right now attitude. You will work with highly skilled people and enjoy a creative atmosphere where trying things out is encouraged.
What you will be doing
- Provide dedicated legal support to the WB Advanced Analytics team of 35 people that has the mission to enhance WB at ING by creating data driven algorithmic products. By combining Big Data technology with Data Science to deliver high quality products.
- Act as one of the legal experts on all the applicable law areas that WBAA comes in touch with, mainly privacy, contract and competition law
- Give guidance and advice to the project teams of WBAA on legal matters that they encounter and provide permanent and ad hoc legal training to colleagues of WBAA
- Taking part in the development of legal tools (dashboards, quick reference cards etc) that support the WBAA business activities
- Work together with other NFR teams. Work with agile techniques in a fun and creative environment dedicated to bring out the best in both each other and our projects
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- A university degree in Dutch law or equivalent foreign degree with focus on privacy law
- 1 to3 years of proven, relevant legal working experience within a commercial organisation, at a regulator or law firm
- 1 to2 years of experience in the field of privacy and data use/management
- In-depth knowledge of privacy (e.g. GDPR), contract law and (preferably) competition law
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and in writing in English and preferable Dutch
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining relations with other departments in a complex environment, a collaborative mind set, proactive and open minded
What we offer
- A competitive salary job scale 9/10
- Working with highly skilled people
- Working in an area which is of great importance to the strategy of ING
- A relaxed and fun team
- An International atmosphere
- A full time position (40 hour week)
- Great training and education opportunities
For more information please contact Anna Kocon at firstname.lastname@example.org