PhD Candidate for the Project “Moving Animals: A History of Science, Media and Policy in the Twentieth Century””
Ongeveer 5 uur geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
Corporate Audit Services (CAS) conducts and coordinates operational audits within the area of Wholesale Banking Sectors & Lending. The audit team plays a pivotal role in providing assurance within this area at global level. This means evaluating the design and assess the operating effectiveness of controls, in the form of processes, activities, applications, and so on. Independent assessments are carried out by means of various audit techniques. Audit findings are reported including suggestions for improvement and concrete recommendations, and presented to senior management.
CAS is a highly professional organisation with approximately 20 audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of around 300 members. You will be located in Amsterdam within the Lending Services audit team. This team is part of the CAS Audit Division Wholesale Banking. Together with your CAS colleagues, you will perform operational and application audits. Your work will include travel and cooperation with local audit teams.
Working at CAS headquarter means that you will be operating at the very heart of the ING organisation. This also means that your work has the interest of regulators, external accountants and executive management.
As an Audit Supervisor you typically have more than 8 years relevant work experience. You are able to actively lead the planning, execution and reporting process of audits, independently, with limited supervision & guidance needed, for areas involving multiple and senior stakeholders and which cover a varied array of topics. You supervise the work performed by the team, executes audit related work under high quality standards, coaches the auditors on the job, pro-actively gives feedback on the progress, foresees and acts on avoiding bottlenecks in the audit process, drives the kick off and close-out presentations, prepares high quality draft audit reports.
The main activities and responsibilities for an audit Supervisor are:
- Provides input to the Audit Strategy Memorandum, Audit universe and the yearly Audit Plan
- Maintains a professional relationships with the audit clients. Maintains an internal and external network. Manages expectations of auditees, through active communications.
- Executes and supervises complex audits independently, with limited supervision & guidance required
- Drafts Audit Planning Memorandums. Plans resources to individual audits in line with the allocated budget and timing. As Audit Lead - initiates and manages the kick off and close out audit meetings, communicates to and agrees with the auditee. Executes audit related work under high quality standards, reviews the audit work and ensures that the audit evidences obtained support the conclusions drawn.
- Manages a complex audit process within the agreed constraints and is responsible for the timely closure of the audit files. Prepares high quality draft audit reports which include the identified control weaknesses and which are written in a clear and concise manner.
- Keeps up to date on developments in the field of auditing. Has a thorough understanding of the areas subject to audits. Applies in-depth knowledge. Encourages knowledge sharing amongst colleagues.
For this position we are looking for the following profile:
- (at least) Master Degree in Auditing
- More than 8 years relevant work experience. Preferred in (internal / external) auditing and/or a position providing a sound and wide-understanding of the organisation, governance, products and services; in a (global) financial institution or “Big” 4 external audit company
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex audit assignments;
- Ability to actively promote and explain CAS vision, way of thinking & way of working in and outside audits.
- Independence and professional scepticism. Acts on audited convictions rather than on a desire to please. Sticks to principles despite external pressure; Able to challenge the existing patterns;
- Strong organization and follow up skills including ability to handle competing priorities and meet deadlines and commitments;
- Persuasiveness: Able to use indirect influence;
- Able to make complex analyses & synthetize key underlying messages in verbal & written communication;
- Team Leadership: Stimulates team work, gives feedback and coaches on the job.
For more information please contact Pawel Debosz at email@example.com