1 dag geleden - Wienerberger - Zaltbommel
Chief Data Officer within the Challengers & Growth Countries (C&G) COO domain
ING is looking to recruit a Chief Data Officer within the Challengers & Growth Countries (C&G) COO domain, reporting to the COO C&G and aligning closely with the Global Data Management Office.
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Vast contract
- HBO, WO
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar, 10-15 jaar
Your work environment:
The Challengers and Growth (C&G) COO team is a small head office function supporting the C&G countries with execution of and alignment with Bank strategy and global initiatives, focusing on Operations and IT. The focus areas covered are Operations, Sourcing, Control, Portfolio management, Data management and there is close cooperation with the C&G CIO head office function.
What is Challengers & Growth?
ING’s C&G business line is one of three core markets, serving circa 25 million customers in 10+ countries outside the Benelux and representing approximately half of ING's assets and profits. Our countries range from Europe to Asia and Australia, covering Retail and Wholesale customers and SMEs.
Where does the role fit?
The role we are offering is part of the recently created central C&G COO team. The C&G COO is located in Amsterdam and responsible for design and execution of INGs transformation strategy in all Challenger and Growth markets, and for coordinating all local COOs and combined 6000+ Operations staff in C&G countries. This role fits directly into this team as a senior leadership role, reporting to the C&G COO and functionally to the Group CDMO (Chief Data Management Officer). The CDMO and C&G COO both sit on the COO Management Team at group level reporting to the Group COO. The C&G CDO has functional lines from all CDO’s in the C&G countries and direct interaction with all COO’s.
What would you be responsible for?
The role of the C&G CDO is critical to ensure that the Global Data Management Strategy is rolled out across the C&G markets in a way that both supports the C&G business objectives whilst also ensuring that the standardisation approach globally is aligned and adopted:
- Oversee the C&G CDO functional team.
- Execute the GDM roadmap across all countries.
- Establish, communicate and execute the C&G specific Data Strategy.
- Ensure country executive committees understand in simple terms the Global and local data strategy components and buy into it.
- Support the local CDO organisations in growing expertise and delivering resources to execute the strategy in all parts (including Data Business Enablement, Data Governance, Quality, Availability and Transparency, Data Protection and Ethics).
- Developing a clear focus for BAU teams and execution of data governance and enablement in the current environment, including setting KPI’s aligned with business strategy.
- Developing a migration and benefits roadmap aligned with moving from the As-is to the To-be landscape with clear moments of truth and benefit on an incremental basis.
For ING the CDO C&G is a newly created position and as such this newly created responsibility will also need to be set up. The CDO C&G will work closely with the COO C&G, CDMO and other senior business and technology stakeholders to define C&G data implementation strategy and key performance metrics. Simultaneously the CDO C&G will have to build a high performing functional team without having any hierarchical responsibility. In addition, the CDO C&G will serve as the bridge that aligns business on a local and global level. The CDO C&G will serve as a key partner, together with the CIO, to the senior leaders such as the CFO, CRO, Chief Compliance Officer and CMO to provide leadership and guidance in understanding how ING’s data assets, technologies and capabilities can be leveraged.
- Designing and driving the C&G data management strategy (governance, definitions, policies & processes, quality, organisational structure, architecture, privacy, security, sustained awareness, etc.);
- Safeguarding the overall C&G data and its quality (trusted data – complete, accurate, consistent, and appropriate);
- Leading and fostering a culture that values, protects and uses information;
- Breaking down barriers / “ivory towers” / political challenges in order to ensure alignment with the Orange Code Behaviors and the Global Data Management Strategy;
- Aligning the appointment and dismissing of local data definition owners for data types (party, agreement, product, transaction, reference, pricing, operational/system/process, and derived data);
- Complying with the integrity of ING Esperanto (global logical data model);
- Functional ownership of the local data architectures;
- Measuring the C&G data maturity through the global data maturity model, and closing the gaps;
- Managing the risk regarding data creation, usage and retention for the reputation of ING;
- Fostering relationships with relevant CEOs/CIOs/COOs/OIB counterparties in order to align investment plans related to data management;
- Providing appropriate support for all officers involved in the data management of the C&G countries.
Who we are looking for?
You have a strong background and proven track record in data management, preferably in an international context. You will need to have ambitious targets for your achievements and be able to share your positive energy with your business partners across C&G and the Bank. You must have outstanding social skills and the capacity to communicate effectively in an international environment. Collaboration and facilitation skills are key in this role. You must be transparent and able to facilitate discussions and alternative solutions.
Experience and Knowledge
- Proven experience of managing global teams
- Excellent understanding and experience in executing Data Quality, Data Warehouse and Data governance
- Proven track record in driving cross border, culturally diverse teams at a senior level within a matrix environment.
- Data Governance and Data Quality expertise and knowledge
- Data Privacy knowledge
- Data Architecture understanding, particularly of the elements that make up the data lifecycle.
- Knowledge of DAMA, DCAM or alternative industry standards and approaches (CMMI).
- Experience in managing data warehouses, MDM, BI and associated data elements.
- Knowledge of Policy formation, Customer Analytics, Business intelligence, Projects & Program management
Experience wise the candidate should have the following:
To meet the priorities of the position, candidates must possess the following core competencies and experience to be considered:
Team Leadership that is able to attract and maintain a highly skilled team across numerous time zones and cultures. The candidate must demonstrate flexibility in style to bring out the best in people with different backgrounds and working styles, while unifying them in purpose, role clarity, and expectations related to deliverables. He/she must have a passion for ING’s emerging vision and mission and instil that passion within his/her team while also promoting the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
Results Orientation as evidenced by a track record of delivering data solutions on time, within budget, and that routinely exceed the business process expectations and the financial return on investment targets of the business users. The successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to optimize execution and results versus settling for what is simply most practical, cost-effective, or easiest to execute. He/she should be organized, structured and diligent in setting time-bound objectives and navigating roadblocks and eliminating barriers to successful attainment of those objectives.
Strategic Orientation: as evidenced by an ability to understand the business context in which the data solutions are being developed and designed to ensure alignment with ING and IT strategies. A strong business sense and ability to clearly define the solution needs in the context of the business environment is critical, and the successful candidate will have demonstrated this bigger picture perspective.
Collaboration and Influencing: The successful candidate will also have demonstrated his/her ability to build meaningful relationships in a large and complex enterprise across functions, levels and geographic borders. He/she must be skilled in communicating complex ideas in a simple and digestible way for a senior audience and must be open to ideas and contributions from others.
The following additional competencies are important:
- Business acumen
- Analytical (quantitative/ qualitative) approach and mind-set
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and new content in a very broad range of situations
- Emotional resilience and confidence: adapts easily to new environments; remains calm, and continues to perform under pressure; talks openly and honestly; gives and acts on constructive feedback.
What do we offer:
C&G COO is a challenging work environment with extensive, innovative developments. Staff who want to grow along with us will be given plenty of opportunities for their own initiatives and development.
- Excellent terms
- Education & development
- A very challenging and international environment
- Scale 13/14 (depending on the level of the candidate)
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
Apply now and join the C&G COO Team at ING Bank. For further inquiries, please contact Arthur Krovka via email@example.com. Please send your CV and motivation in English. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carrier.