die de vertaalslag maakt van bedrijfsprocessen naar software
ING is looking for a Senior Dev Engineer - Squad Data Lake Infra
Anyone interested in digital (banking) understands why ING is transforming hard towards an IT company having its own unique Top Engineering culture. Although we are not a FinTech start-up and we don’t have the image of a social media dominator like Facebook we are working hard to stay ahead in being a financial innovator offering the best possible solutions and services to millions of appreciated clients all over the globe. And therefore we are looking for IT Engineers telling us what we should do better and how to be able to (keep) offering the best services to both our business and private customers.
Get an impression here: https://youtu.be/-QknLYEdfyI
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- HBO, WO
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 0-2 jaar
Who are you?
You are a driven IT specialist with excellent analytical skills. You are ambitious with what you and your DevOps team want to achieve, and you bring positive energy to the team. You have very good social and communication skills. You feel a personal responsibility for the quality of the Business Intelligence and Analytics platform within ING and you work together with your colleagues across your domain and from others, including the application colleagues, to continuously improve how you work, the BI platform you support, and ING’s business agility. You recognize problems and work to solve them structurally. You have a 24x7 mindset, and are willing to participate in a standby shift, knowing that ING operates a 24x7 business for its customers.
IT and automation is your hobby but you can switch easily in mindset to an enterprise environment where uptime and security is key to serve our consumers in an optimal way. You like to script and program for fun but apply these skills to your job as well.
You are an energetic Dev Engineer who is creative and has a can-do mindset. You are a team player, collaboration and sharing knowledge is natural behavior.
For you it is a sport to automate common tasks to save time and get to the more challenging jobs. If this fits you, we are looking for you! You will work in a multidisciplinary squad with end-to-end responsibility focusing on delivering a high-available, high performance and secure BI platform. Yourself and your colleagues work in a DevOps way of working.
What’s a Dev Engineer - Squad Data Lake within ING?
The BI and Analytics platform within ING is the heart of credit risk and high volume business applications. Uptime is everything, but great performance and predictable throughput are equally important. You prepare new versions of the Linux Operating System, SAS Analytics stack, Hortonworks Hadoop and the middleware subsystems with it’s dependencies. You solve vulnerabilities and automate system management wherever possible. You make sure everything we do is repeatable by making reliable scripts for all changes on the system. You are responsible for securing the system to the latest standards. Encryption, SSL and SSH have no secrets to you. You are able to tune the system to the required specs, and you are a great troubleshooter. You test all changes thoroughly and you are responsible to automate these tests in line with our adopted CD/CI/CT methodology. You are responsible to implement necessary changes on all DTAP systems as non-disruptive as possible. Minimizing downtime is in your blood. You deliver standard, self-service infrastructure services to the Infra NL consumers together with your squad and Infra Area. You are able to move all typical user stories and tasks from “To-Do” to “Done”.
Your "backpack" should contain:
- Red Hat Linux Operating System
- Hadoop Ecosystem administration and engineering preferable Hortonworks Data Platfrom (HDP)
- Familiar with / hands on experience with MIT Kerberos
- Backup/restore and Disaster Recovery principals
- Understanding of the IBM Information Server product range
- Understanding and knowledge of GRID concepts and solutions
- Bash shell scripting / other relevant coding skills like python
- Automation tools like puppet and Ansible
- Enterprise level Monitoring/Automation/scheduling and Administration (CMDB)
- ITIL, Agile, scrum and DevOps
Your education and background
- Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least Bachelor's degree
- Experience in working in high performing Agile IT teams
- Track record of developing high quality software products
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in Red Hat Linux, Ansible and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent command of spoken and written Dutch and English
- A good salary
- Benefits like a 13th month, Public Transfer Business Card, Pension scheme etc.
- Healthy food and delicious coffees every day;
- The opportunity to excel in what you do and become better every day;
- A dynamic and agile (international) working environment. Dependable on your technical expertise we will offer you a job within (Name your department/ explain what it entails) or one of the other development chapters / areas.
Are you interested? Then please apply directly online.
For further inquiries, please contact Mireille van der Meer, IT Recruiter at Mireille.van.der.Meer@ING.nl
We are looking forward to your application!
For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere