Senior Market Risk Officer
ING is looking for a senior Financial Risk Officer in the Market Risk, Capital & Performance (MRCP) team within Financial Institutions/Financial Markets (FIFM) Risk Management.
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
As part of Wholesale Banking Risk, the scope of FIFM is ING’s Financial Markets (trading) business. Within that scope, MRCP is responsible for monitoring, analysing and reporting on global market risk, including related regulatory and economic capital, and performance of the trading activities.
In addition, MRCP has an important role in coordinating and implementing all market risk-related new internal initiatives as well as upcoming regulatory changes, such as the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book.
We are looking for a senior professional to strengthen the MRCP team. As a senior Financial Risk Officer you will take responsibility for daily monitoring, measuring, managing and advising on the market risk of the ING Bank trading portfolio. You will work with concepts such as Value at Risk, Incremental Risk Charge, Event Risk, Sensitivity-based analysis and Market Risk Capital.
Besides these tasks you will also interact on senior level with various stakeholders, coach people within the team, coordinate activities involving people within the team and/or across FIFM, and significantly contribute / represent MRCP in projects to improve methodologies, processes and the implementation of new regulation related to market risk.
Your work environment
The MRCP team is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. The team has an open, informal atmosphere and a strong focus on team work (including an Agile way of working). You will work closely with many internal and external parties such as risk managers globally, front office, finance, IT, senior management and regulatory supervisors.
We work in a dynamic environment, balancing daily measurement and analysis with the rapid changes in the financial markets and increasing demands from the regulators.
Who we are looking for?
A successful candidate should have strong analytical skills and the ability to create, challenge and improve risk monitoring techniques and measures. The candidate should have good communication skills, critical thinking and a pro-active attitude.
Also you are able to deal with cultural differences, conflicting interests and unforeseen challenges. You constructively cooperate with other risk teams worldwide and other departments in ING.
- A university degree in economics, econometrics or other finance/quantitative subjects
- At least 5 years of experience in market risk
- Strong personality and excellent interpersonal / people management skills: listening, motivating, coaching, observing, convincing and tenacious
- Good communication skills, able to manage different stakeholders (e.g. Front Office, Audit, Finance, Senior Management)
- Proven knowledge of and keen interest in financial markets, financial instruments and market risk
- Experience with and keen interest in financial markets relevant policies, guidelines and regulations
- Good understanding of product control operations (i.e. processes, procedures) and methodologies (e.g. classification & measurement, valuation adjustments, fair value hierarchy)
- Self-starter, result-driven and flexible, i.e. able to adjust quickly to new circumstances
- Team player with a mindset of empowering others
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and critical thinking
- Good IT skills, including programming knowledge (e.g. VBA)
- Fluent in English
What do we offer?
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. In addition we offer a full time position (40 hour week) with an excellent compensation package.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For more information, please contact Kamila Falana (email@example.com). Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carrier