Professor (Lector) of Innovation in the International Music Industry
Applications are invited for a Professor (Lector) of Innovation in the International Music Industry within the Faculty of Creative Business at …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 16 - 24 uur
- € 5797 - € 7485 per maand
Applications are invited for a Professor (Lector) of Innovation in the International Music Industry within the Faculty of Creative Business at Inholland University of Applied Sciences, to lead our research into music production, music business (management, live events, branding, online and offline communities) and related technological innovations.
As we consider successful innovation in music to be intertwined with technology, we strive to examine, educate as well as engage with the international music industry by contributing to the music infrastructure that fosters connections between innovations in music and technology. Within this infrastructure, economic, cultural, societal, technological, ethical and legal aspects are of equal importance to value creation.
We are looking for a professor (for UAS ‘Lector’) who is able to deepen our knowledge of the rapidly changing networks through which artists, producers, record labels, publishers, artist managers, bookers, music platforms, venue programmers and festival organisers operate. Our aim is to build a strong practice in ‘research through design’ which contributes to a thriving music industry, hence creating economic as well as social and cultural value. We are looking for someone who is both a scholar and a practitioner.
As Professor of Innovation in the International Music Industry, you will:
- be the Inholland expert, figurehead and point of contact in the triangle of education, research as well as professional practice within the field of Innovation in the International Music Industry
- initiate and secure funding for research projects that are relevant to internal as well as external stakeholders, in relation to which you will consult with internal and external partners
- contribute to the development of design-oriented music research within the Faculty of Creative Business
- cultivate networks and initiate strategic partnerships for research as well as education. This process will involve obtaining research grants as well as strengthening the connections between research, education and the professional field
- develop and facilitate practice-oriented research, as well as manage and conduct research – either as part of a research team or on your own
- act as a supervisor to the relevant researchers within the various research projects
- contribute to the development of the research agenda at Inholland University of Applied Sciences, the Faculty of Creative Business and the various degree programmes
- contribute to the curricula of degree programmes within the Faculty, based on knowledge from research and experience with Innovation in the International Music Industry
- represent the Creative Business research group in relevant consultations.
We are looking for an academic who has:
- a PhD in the Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities related to Business, Innovation, Creative Economy, Marketing or a related field, preferably with a specific focus on Innovation in the International Music Industry
- authority and standing in the emerging academic field of Innovation in the International Music Industry, demonstrated by academic publications, interventions and positions in the field
- a strong network in the international music industry
- experience in conducting and supervising practice-based research, with an impact on applied higher education and professional practice, preferably by research through design
- experience with research in urban living labs and with fostering innovation
- an excellent track record of academic publications
- appealing experience with the dissemination of research results
- management experience as well as excellent social and networking skills.
The team composition aims to reflect society in a representative manner. With a view to the subject matter of the research focus area, we particularly invite applicants who regard themselves as under-represented in international music industry research.
We offer a position of at least 0.4 and up to 0.6 full-time equivalent (FTE) in the grade of Professor 2 (Lector 2), pay scale 15. Successful candidates will be offered a six-year contract subject to an assessment after the first year.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume and a cover letter before September 30, 2020. You can find our application form via the pink button ''Solliciteer direct''. Interviews will preferably take place in Haarlem, the Netherlands, but possibly online, on October 9, and October 20, 2020.
If you are interested in the job opening and have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Peggy van Schijndel, Research and Innovation Manager at the Faculty of Creative Business via Peggy.vanSchijndel@inholland.nl or tel.: +31615279327.
We have posted this vacancy both internally and externally. We will remove this vacancy from the website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the contents of this vacancy. Details of this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.