Professor (Lector) of Sustainable Futures in Digital Media and Communications
Applications are invited for a Professor (Lector) of Sustainable Futures in Digital Media and Communications within the Faculty of Creative Business …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 16 - 24 uur
- € 5797 - € 7485 per maand
Applications are invited for a Professor (Lector) of Sustainable Futures in Digital Media and Communications within the Faculty of Creative Business at Inholland University of Applied Sciences, to lead our research at the intersection of emerging technology, digital content creation and communication services, and sustainable (ecological, economical, environmental, societal, ethical) value creation.
We understand value creation in media and communications as designing new business as well as impact models and practices for community engagement. In doing so, we combine current and future trends in digitalisation (AI, datafication, computational knowledge, IoT, …) with state-of-the-art media content creation as well as communication services development in a field that is rapidly changing and facing global challenges. Challenges in digital media and communications are related to the business case in networked media and communications. Other challenges are related to legal, societal (inclusiveness, representation, bias, privacy) and ethical aspects of innovations, as well as to unlocking the potential of the industry for contributing to an inclusive and sustainable society.
We are looking for a Professor (for UAS ‘Lector’) of Sustainable Futures in Digital Media and Communications to build as well as foster this new research line. Our new colleague will research and foster innovation at the intersection of affordances of new digital technologies; media content and communication services, as well as the business and impact models enabled by these affordances; and the appropriation of these innovations by their public. Candidates are expected to have a successful scientific track record and be able to formulate an independent research programme, while they are also expected to participate in developing and executing the curricula of our degree programmes.
As Professor of Sustainable Futures in Digital Media and Communications, you will:
- be the Inholland expert, figurehead and point of contact in the triangle of education, research as well as professional practice within the field of Sustainable Futures in Digital Media and Communications
- initiate and secure funding for research projects that are relevant to internal as well as external stakeholders, in relation to which you will consult with regional, national and international partners
- contribute to the development of design-oriented media research within the Faculty of Creative Business
- cultivate networks and initiate strategic partnerships for research as well as education. This process will involve obtaining research grants as well as strengthening the connections between research, education and the professional field
- develop and facilitate practice-oriented research, as well as manage and conduct research
- act as a supervisor to the relevant researchers within the various research projects
- contribute to the development of the research agenda at Inholland University of Applied Sciences, the Faculty of Creative Business and the various degree programmes
- contribute to the curricula of degree programmes within the Faculty, based on knowledge from research as well as experience with Sustainable Futures in Digital Media and Communications
- represent the Creative Business research group in relevant consultations.
We are looking for an academic who has:
- a PhD in the field of STS, Cultural/Media Studies, Humanities or Technology, with a focus on media and/or marketing communication industries
- authority as well as standing in the field of Sustainable Futures in Digital Media and Communications, demonstrated by academic publications, interventions and positions in the field
- a strong proven network in the creative industries (e.g. music, film, media, television, games, events, self-producing digital creative platforms)
- experience in conducting and supervising practice-based research, with an impact on applied higher education and professional practice, preferably by research through design
- experience with research in urban living labs and with fostering innovation
- an excellent track record of academic publications
- appealing experience with the dissemination of research results
- management experience as well as excellent social and networking skills.
The team composition aims to reflect society in a representative manner. With a view to the subject matter of the research focus area, we particularly invite applicants who regard themselves as under-represented in the area of media and communications.
We offer a position of at least 0.4 and up to 0.6 full-time equivalent (FTE) in the grade of Professor 2 (Lector 2), pay scale 15. Successful candidates will be offered a six-year contract subject to an assessment after the first year.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume and a cover letter before September 30, 2020. You can find our application form via the pink button ''Solliciteer direct''. Interviews will preferably take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands on October 16, or October 19, 2020.
If you are interested in the job opening and have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Peggy van Schijndel, Research and Innovation Manager at the Faculty of Creative Business via Peggy.vanSchijndel@inholland.nl or tel.: +31615279327.
We have posted this vacancy both internally and externally. We will remove this vacancy from the website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the contents of this vacancy. Details of this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.