Senior researcher Media, Technology and Society
At Inholland, research never takes place in a vacuum. As a university of applied sciences, we passionately believe in conducting excellent research that can …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 40 uur
- € 3658 - € 5717 per maand
At Inholland, research never takes place in a vacuum. As a university of applied sciences, we passionately believe in conducting excellent research that can make a concrete contribution to society.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic researcher, who has an experience in technology and society issues, human rights and technology, critical technology design or technology governance to further our research within the Media, Technology and Society research group.
The successful candidate is expected to develop and contribute to research projects, write grant applications, support the development of the Sustainable Media Lab in the Hague, as well as publish academic papers and policy reports. To stimulate multidisciplinary engagement, we encourage collaboration with other experts in our Research Centre on topics like social impact design, inclusion, and sustainability.
The role may also entail teaching or coaching students in our undergraduate Creative Business programme, and may include giving guest lectures, masterclasses or other input for government, industry or civil society stakeholders.
We expect the successful candidate to have relevant experience in one of the following research areas:
- The influence of technology on human rights.
- Methodologies to measure social impacts of technology.
- Transparency and accountability of technology.
- Technology policy and governance.
- Critical approaches to technology design.
- You have finished a PhD or are about to finish one in a relevant topic.
- You have experience in working in research, industry or policymaking on a relevant topic.
- You have a track record or can demonstrate potential for undertaking high quality research for journal publications.
- Experience in statistical analysis (R, Stata, Python) as well as designing and conducting online surveys will both be considered an asset.
- You are a good planner and diligent worker, who aims for quality.
- You are a good communicator and like to work in a team.
Ideally, you are enthusiastic, flexible and engaged, with a passion for working with young people. In addition, you are not afraid to experiment with new ways of working, dare to take the initiative, are open-minded, like to work together with others and are able to set up and maintain relations with (external) partners.
- The initial engagement will be for a period of 12 months. The employment contract may then be renewed.
- The vacancy concerns a temporary appointment for a period of 12 months.
- A gross salary of between €3.658,64 and € 5.717,25 per month (either scale 11 or 12) on the basis of full-time employment. Your salary level will depend on your relevant professional and other experience and education.
- A working week of 24 – 40 hours a week. If your availability for this research position is limited in hours, do feel free to apply.
- An 8% holiday allowance paid out in May.
- An 8.3% year-end bonus payable in December.
- A generous leave scheme allowing for individual choice. For example: employees with a full-time appointment who have opted to work 40 hours a week will have 428 hours of leave per year. This comes down to a total of 53.5 days off. Our leave scheme includes the compulsory days off and all national and public holidays.
- An attractive pension scheme through ABP (Pension Fund for government and education sector workers).
- Easily accessible work locations in Diemen, The Hague, Rotterdam or Amsterdam. All travel expenses for public transport will be reimbursed in full. If you choose to use your own transport, please be aware that you will be reimbursed to a limited extent.
- We will provide you all the facilities you need to further your professional and personal development. We value your willingness to learn. The courage to learn is one of our core values.
- You will be covered by a partial disability insurance paid for entirely by Inholland University of Applied Sciences.
- We offer our employees a generous paid parental leave scheme and a supplement to the statutory spousal leave schemes in the event of child birth or adoption.
- We provide a pleasant and informal working environment, and know our colleagues and students by name.
- In addition to these employment benefits, we also offer a selection menu through which you can - for example - buy and sell holidays over and above the statutory minimum, take part in our bicycle scheme or offset your travel expenses and union dues.
The social partners remain committed to improving the quality of education, research, the educational organisation and staff. We adhere to the collective labour agreement for higher professional education (cao hbo). An attractive package of primary and secondary employment conditions.
We understand you may still have some questions about this position. You may be curious about our working environment or want to know what it's really like to be a higher professional education lecturer. Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact dr. Ben Wagner, professor of Media, Technology and Society via Ben.Wagner@inholland.nl.
Contact person: Michel van den Berg, senior wervingsadviseur, tel: +31620600019. Or send your questions to email@example.com.
If you've got the courage to take on this challenge, we look forward to receiving your application letter before 15 November coming. We will respond to your application in the following week. Interested in becoming our new colleague? We hope to welcome you to our team soon.