Project Leader Marine Technology Development (PhD)
The candidate will have the following responsibilities;You will be managing the operation of the marine technology development unit in close cooperation with …
- Landsdiep, Den Hoorn, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 3525 - € 5512 per maand
The candidate will have the following responsibilities;
- You will be managing the operation of the marine technology development unit in close cooperation with the Head of NMF. You carry the responsibility for the projects for the development and application of novel equipment for seagoing research and lead their implementation.
- As one of our staff scientists, you are expected to acquire research grants in the field of marine technology and work closely together with the other NIOZ scientists and contribute to the scientific publications and projects of Royal NIOZ and our scientific partners.
- You interact with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- You are responsible for the results, timing and budget in the area of your responsibility and you continue to develop your own, as well as your group’s expertise in this field.
- You hold a PhD in a discipline related marine technology e.g. oceanographic research, physics, chemical or biological oceanography
- You have experience with the development of seagoing equipment
- You have a well-structured, practical, and result-oriented approach
- You are driven by scientific and technological challenges
- You are fluent in English; Dutch is your mother tongue or you are prepared to master it rapidly.
- You have demonstrable experience with project management
Employment of this full-time position at Royal NIOZ is by NWO-I (The Netherlands Organization of Scientific Research) and will be for a period of 2 years with the possibility of a permanent position. If you have shown to fit well at Royal NIOZ there is ample opportunity to continue your career. The salary for this position will be in accordance with the salary scales of NWO-I in a range between € 3,525 and € 5,512 gross per month on a full-time basis (depending on education and experience)
NWO-I has good secondary employment conditions such as:
- An end year bonus of 8,33% of the gross yearly salary;
- 42 days of vacation leave a year on a full-time basis;
- Holiday allowance of 8% of the gross yearly salary;
- We offer generous relocation expenses for employees coming from abroad and support with finding accommodation;
- Options for personal development;
- Excellent facilities for parental leave.
For additional information about this vacancy, please contact Thomas de Greef (Head of NMF) and/or prof. Gert-Jan Reichart (Department Head Ocean Systems research OCS)
More information on the procedure, please contact Valentijn Tiemensma (senior HR advisor)
In the event of equal suitability, preference will be given to female applicants.
If you are interested in this position please visit our website www.workingatnioz.com and apply for this job. You will also find more information about NIOZ.