Head of Legal
- Nieuwe Doelenstraat, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Would you like to be trusted advisor and partner-in- business for Royal Grolsch?
How? As the Head of Legal at Royal Grolsch, part of Asahi Europe & International.
Why? Because with your energy and winning mindset, you will be a valuable asset to Grolsch!
Where? Primarily located either at our office in the heart of Amsterdam with a requirement to travel to our Brewery in Enschede 1-2 days a week or in Enschede, with the possibility to work partly from home.
With whom? With our Legal Team of Royal Grolsch and Asahi Europe & International.
As soon as you walk into our brewery, you can feel the pride. Proud of our brands, our company, our craftsmanship and of course of our beers. That is in our DNA. Grolsch is ambitious: we want to win, to be the best. To make the difference for our customers, consumers and business partners every day. Our focus is on results. We work on the basis of clear objectives and feel that we own the performance. With a 'like it's my own company' mentality’.
As the Head of Legal ...
... you will be leading the Legal department of Royal Grolsch. You are involved in business from an early stage and will take leadership on both corporate and commercial legal agenda. Your focus will be on all legal matters concerning Grolsch and our Dutch market, including preventing risks that challenge the interests of Grolsch and Asahi Europe International. This also implies being overall responsible for commercial contracts (retail, wholesale, purchasing, hospitality), real estate, marketing statements (Dutch Advertising Code, STIVA, Social Media), our sustainability agenda (innovations, water usage, energy reduction), labor law and our compliance (GDPR, competition, code of conduct). Your goal? Ensuring optimal agreements and processes that strike a balance between commercial interests and legal risks. How? You will operate in close contact with the management board, providing advice on strategic legal matters such as the position of the company towards new laws and regulations. As part of the whole AEI legal team you will be required to cooperate and support colleagues outside of NL and to be part of AEI legal function activities and developments. The Head of Legal will directly report to the Head of Legal, Country Operations of Asahi Europe International based in the UK and will report in a dotted line to the Finance Director of Royal Grolsch.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Manage the Legal team of Royal Grolsch and Dutch market;
- You identify developments in the law and jurisprudence and proactively propose improvements within our legal processes and contracts;
- You will handle and supervise legal disputes and legal proceedings;
- You work closely with our international Legal colleagues, participate in group legal projects, share knowledge and best practice and contribute to above market team and agenda;
- You are a legal advisor to the management and various departments within Grolsch.
We are looking for an energetic leader with business sense who can make impact!
Your pro-activity and independence enable you to move easily within our dynamic environment. That is where your strength lies! You are able to set priorities easily and have the ability to translate detailed information into usable input for the business, which you translate into a solid advice to our management. You have an entrepreneurial nature, you dare to take calculated risks, have a no-nonsense attitude and are clear in your communication. In short: you are a trusted advisor with a commercial minder-set!
What else will we find on your resume?
- You have a completed academic degree in Dutch law;
- 10+ years work experience as a commercial Dutch qualified lawyer, preferably a number of years as in-house counsel within an international company;
- Legal team management experience;
- You have experience with working in an international corporate environment;
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English.
An offer you can't refuse
Working for Royal Grolsch means contributing, together with your colleagues, to the improvement, renewal and growth of our organization and the satisfaction of our (internal) customers. We like outspoken colleagues with concrete plans who take responsibility and have their own ideas. We stimulate independence and encourage talent. We believe We believe that the best beer is made with the efforts from the best people!
In return, we are happy to make you an offer you can't say no to:
- Are you looking for the right work-life balance? We offer flexible working initiatives in which there is the possibility to work partly from home.
- Do you think it's important to be able to keep developing yourself? So do we! That's why we pay attention to your performance, growth opportunities and personal development.
- Our famous "house beer arrangement". Every month you can take home 3 crates of beer from our rich assortment :)
Did you know that Royal Grolsch
- Is an equal opportunity employer? Grolsch is a place where everybody can grow! We don’t just accept difference, we support it, by having diversity and inclusion as one of our strategic topics and thrive on it for the benefits of our employees and business!
- Has a history dating back to 1615, making us one of the oldest companies in the Netherlands?
- Exclusively brews beer and has grown into one of the strongest A-brands in the Netherlands?
- Has been allowed to call itself 'Royal' since 1995?
- Has 750 colleagues in the Netherlands at de Klok Dranken and Royal Grolsch?
- Is part of Asahi Europe & International; active on 5 continents, 90 markets and more than 10.000 employees?
Is this job opening really for you?
Do not wait any longer and send your resume and cover letter via the "Apply" button and maybe we will meet soon! Please apply early this posting may be withdrawn earlier if a large number of applications is received. You can send your application to Daniek Marcus.
Want to know more about Royal Grolsch and your future career? Visit our website!